Fendi Fellas

Hey guys, new member here!
I've been an LV lover for quite a long time but recently started getting into Fendi bags. I'm interested in buying a peekaboo iconic fit in black with the gold or silver eyes, haven't decided which one yet. I was wondering if you guys have any tips for getting one on sale, however I'm also thinking they might not be included in an end of season sale since they're classics. Any tips would be appreciated!
They have gotten much harder to get on sale, in my opinion. Ssense used to carry Peekaboo bags all the time, and would get marked down a tiny bit before selling out. But I think Fendi restricted the sales of their Peekaboos on third-party retailers, which meant that it became harder to find a Peekaboo for sale on a platform that isn't operated by Fendi, let alone get them at a discount.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christofle
They have gotten much harder to get on sale, in my opinion. Ssense used to carry Peekaboo bags all the time, and would get marked down a tiny bit before selling out. But I think Fendi restricted the sales of their Peekaboos on third-party retailers, which meant that it became harder to find a Peekaboo for sale on a platform that is operated by Fendi, let alone get them at a discount.

Thanks for the info, good confirmation for what I was already thinking. I'm having a hard time justifying the $4800 price tag since I'm seeing a current resale value of $900-$2500. Maybe I'll just have to wait until I see one pre-loved.

Reactions: averagejoe
Does anyone know if either of these Baguettes were produced/still available? My Fendi SA has gone MIA

View attachment 4795294

View attachment 4795295

The brown was definitely produced. I'm not sure about the multicolour one. Fendi is pretty good about producing most fur items that come down the runway, often just in extremely limited quantities. You would need to reach out to an SA about availability, since it is past season. I've found they can often transfer from other parts of the world if there is one hidden somewhere.

Edit: Sorry, I just noticed the first photo is FW2020. You should definitely request that now if it is something you want. I imagine they can hunt it down for you.

Last edited:
The brown was definitely produced. I'm not sure about the multicolour one. Fendi is pretty good about producing most fur items that come down the runway, often just in extremely limited quantities. You would need to reach out to an SA about availability, since it is past season. I've found they can often transfer from other parts of the world if there is one hidden somewhere.

Edit: Sorry, I just noticed the first photo is FW2020. You should definitely request that now if it is something you want. I imagine they can hunt it down for you.
Thank you! Hopefully I can find a new SA over the phone.

What do you guys think about using regular baguettes? I just bought a really cool Selleria silver one with silver hardware and I’m obsessed! It’s pre-loved and I just can’t, I love it. If I’m lucky (and if I happen to have enough budget) I might get a new one like my PB (military green Roman leather on the outside and yellow flap on the inside) from the men’s collection.

It will come down to the store manager’s luck to ask the country buyer to send the baguette to the country (unfortunately all of the things I tend to inquire about at the store are products that are not planned to be included in the country’s stock buy).

When I have decent pictures of my baguette I’ll post some here.

Hey guys! New bag addict here. Loving all your Fendi bags. Actually I love most premier bags. My goal is to obtain a classic timeless piece from each premier brand. I have been shopping lately and need your opinion about these 2 bags. Are they considered timeless? Or will they get dated over time? The Peekaboo iconic medium has nylon exterior. What do you think about nylon construction?

I will be using this peekaboo more for work but I guess it works for casual getup too?
Regarding the travel bag. Do you think logomania will get outdated? I have looked at vintage fendi bags and they have always had a form of logomania over the years so I think this design is a classic quintessential Fendi? Maybe I am wrong but let me know what you think please.

Attachments

• 4E054530-4368-4C7E-A800-A06B047682BC.jpeg
    4E054530-4368-4C7E-A800-A06B047682BC.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 6F358B91-D3E7-41E2-808D-EE6CE870D6EB.jpeg
    6F358B91-D3E7-41E2-808D-EE6CE870D6EB.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 13
  • EB811711-330B-4DF3-9941-2AC78B68B85C.png
    EB811711-330B-4DF3-9941-2AC78B68B85C.png
    325.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 4DCD06B4-F2DD-4925-94CA-8467123BFC12.jpeg
    4DCD06B4-F2DD-4925-94CA-8467123BFC12.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Christofle
Hey guys! New bag addict here. Loving all your Fendi bags. Actually I love most premier bags. My goal is to obtain a classic timeless piece from each premier brand. I have been shopping lately and need your opinion about these 2 bags. Are they considered timeless? Or will they get dated over time? The Peekaboo iconic medium has nylon exterior. What do you think about nylon construction?

I will be using this peekaboo more for work but I guess it works for casual getup too?
Regarding the travel bag. Do you think logomania will get outdated? I have looked at vintage fendi bags and they have always had a form of logomania over the years so I think this design is a classic quintessential Fendi? Maybe I am wrong but let me know what you think please.
Unfortunately I wouldn't go for either of these particular styles. The nylon version doesn't resemble a Peekaboo bag very much at all. As for the logo bag, I like Gucci and Dior vintage logo, but this one just doesn't do it. It seems to follow the trend rather than set it. Maybe there isn't enough done to it to make it look like a modern bag, but with vintage style.

If you want a Fendi bag, then I suggest a men's Baguette or the leather Peekaboo bags. The leather ones in the "fit" designs are smaller and also more affordable than some of their larger leather options. The problem that Fendi has (in my opinion) is that in some of their reiterations of the Peekaboo, the bag doesn't resemble the Peekaboo at all, except for the fact that the front of the bag can drop down, and there is a middle separator in the bag.

I absolutely love the men's Baguette, too, especially in nylon, but I keep getting distracted by other brands.

What do you guys think about using regular baguettes? I just bought a really cool Selleria silver one with silver hardware and I’m obsessed! It’s pre-loved and I just can’t, I love it. If I’m lucky (and if I happen to have enough budget) I might get a new one like my PB (military green Roman leather on the outside and yellow flap on the inside) from the men’s collection.

It will come down to the store manager’s luck to ask the country buyer to send the baguette to the country (unfortunately all of the things I tend to inquire about at the store are products that are not planned to be included in the country’s stock buy).

When I have decent pictures of my baguette I’ll post some here.
Missed your post here somehow. The new men's Baguette looks like the women's one except now (for both genders) the bag can also be worn as a bum bag.

The silver Selleria one sounds amazing!

Reactions: Highendlessbag
Unfortunately I wouldn't go for either of these particular styles. The nylon version doesn't resemble a Peekaboo bag very much at all. As for the logo bag, I like Gucci and Dior vintage logo, but this one just doesn't do it. It seems to follow the trend rather than set it. Maybe there isn't enough done to it to make it look like a modern bag, but with vintage style.

If you want a Fendi bag, then I suggest a men's Baguette or the leather Peekaboo bags. The leather ones in the "fit" designs are smaller and also more affordable than some of their larger leather options. The problem that Fendi has (in my opinion) is that in some of their reiterations of the Peekaboo, the bag doesn't resemble the Peekaboo at all, except for the fact that the front of the bag can drop down, and there is a middle separator in the bag.

I absolutely love the men's Baguette, too, especially in nylon, but I keep getting distracted by other brands.

I love your Dior bag by the way. The colour is stunning.

I have been humming and hawing over those 2 bags for a few days now. Somehow I just cannot pull the plug. Lately I have been extra careful about which bags to buy as I just spent, over the past few months, bank-breaking amount of money on 19 bags, impulse buying so to speak, or maybe retail therapy?, 19 bags from premier brands without much research or thought except they all look, in my eyes, amazing. But now I have to switch gear from buying what I think is pretty into buying what I hope will be something I could wear in years to come, something classic. Speaking of classic, do you think this peekaboo iconic medium belongs to that category?

Attachments

• 773E0485-610A-4BB0-A8AF-732B00AD8803.jpeg
    773E0485-610A-4BB0-A8AF-732B00AD8803.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 4
I love your Dior bag by the way. The colour is stunning.

I have been humming and hawing over those 2 bags for a few days now. Somehow I just cannot pull the plug. Lately I have been extra careful about which bags to buy as I just spent, over the past few months, bank-breaking amount of money on 19 bags, impulse buying so to speak, or maybe retail therapy?, 19 bags from premier brands without much research or thought except they all look, in my eyes, amazing. But now I have to switch gear from buying what I think is pretty into buying what I hope will be something I could wear in years to come, something classic. Speaking of classic, do you think this peekaboo iconic medium belongs to that category?
Yes I do have this Selleria Peekaboo (without the eyes). Here is mine: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/fendi-fellas.962133/page-114#post-33662078

A lot of my posts in this thread are of that one Peekaboo. I still love it, although the trend of smaller bags has gotten me and the Peekaboo is a bit large to use at a time when my hands are being sanitized all the time (I love carrying the bag with the top handle, but the sanitizer can destroy the handle over time even if it is dried as it leaves a film on the hands which transfers to the handle).

Wow you got 19 bags in a few months?! It took me years to get my collection, and I've made several mistakes. I'm sure I'm still making those mistakes. I sometimes buy into hype, and then worry that it looks dated as I'm not sure if I love the style myself. It used to be with sale bags. I would hit the seasonal sales and buy bags just because they were on sale, but ended up not using them much. I still get really tempted by sales, but I'm more careful now as I sold a lot of those bags at a huge loss (even though I got them on discount). The two Fendi Monster bags I got were full priced and at the time, they were selling so fast that I was lucky to snag them. But I hardly used them, especially the Monster backpack. I don't use backpacks very often. They're my least favourite style of bag. The nylon tote was cute, but without a detachable strap (which they later added to the style), it was hard to use the bag and keep my hands free when I needed them to be. At least the Peekaboo has that option.

Besides, my closet is running out of room, with all the shoes and clothes as well. Some bags are now in boxes under my bed!

Which bags did you get? I'm curious to see what you got! I totally get what you mean when you say that your bags all look amazing. Even the bags I sold, I think they look great, and I know why I got them, but they aren't practical, or I've grown to like something else and I can afford to let the style go.

Hello, I'm pretty new here, only followed this thread in the background. Long story short, I'm a pretty small guy so accessories have really been an addiction for me, especially Fendi bags! Mostly because the most of clothing is usually too big for me, even in the smallest sizes...

My Fendi bags Journey started with a Monster Tote which I still own today since it's my first luxury bag and I cannot part with it even though he's pretty roughed up, I'm still in love with the monster/bag bugs collection.
20201011_131748.jpg

After a while I noticed the Lui Briefcase and fell in love with it, maybe I saw it in this thread, can't remember since it's a while ago. So I got one...
20190715_160829.jpg

But the more I read and all the photos I saw in this thread I started an obsession to get my DREAM BAG, the Peekaboo iconic medium. If it's okay I kindly want to blame both averegejoe and memo.live for that. First I really wanted the one with yellow eyes but the years passed and I couldn't find one at the "right" price for me. But last year I found the one with black eyes preloved, but in brand new condition and I thought I should spoil myself since it was my 30th birthday.
PSFix_20200616_191409.jpeg

When it arrived I got obsessed with the Selleria leather and started to hunt down more bags! Maybe unnecessary, but I couldn't resist when I found a shopper tote in this awesome leather. And this was only maybe 6 months after purchasing my beloved Peekaboo.
20201222_132123.jpg

Now I started to feel that I only have big bags, nothing to wear when I just wanted to go out with wallet, keys and phone kind of bag. But there it was, recently re-released Baguette but for men. I think I got lucky since I found mine on sale, and I really have to say that it is a super convenient bag! And I love that it's in nylon so it's kind of care free and nothing I really need to worry about if it rains.
20210311_140838.jpg

Just about the same time as I bought the baguette I felt that my Lui bag wasn't in use too much, maybe because it's a pretty similar bag to the Peekaboo in size and color! So I sold it... But THEN... I really didn't think this of all would happen, but only a few weeks after I sold it I found a new one, pre-owned in the Selleria leather and BLUE ( never thought I was gonna own other colors than black). But the price was too good and I really do like the design of the Lui.
After it arrived I was really happy that I took the chance, the blue color is such a pop in my collection, and I really like how it looks with the yellow light bulb.
20210428_171018.jpg

I'm sorry for a very long post but I just wanted to show what this thread have done to my addiction Hopefully this thread will come alive a bit more since I often don't find any guys sharing my obsession, especially here in Sweden, in a small town...

/ Paul

Last edited: