Feeling Brown?

Ha! You are too kind. The strap annoys me a little. They shipped it buckled and it’s bent. But I may just suck it up and keep.

Through Farfetch I was shipped Gucci shoes already creased and it's true, that even though I knew I'd crease them myself soon enough I was PO with the boutique.

You may like to mention it in a email. I was offered 10% off and that was just enough to made up my mind to keep on that occasion. It helps to give them that kind of feedback too if for no other reason.

It looks like a beautiful bag, you make me want one too, the brown is a classic in that style.

Reactions: snibor
I don't own a single Coach but am a total fan of these. Everyone, the leather is so delicious and I can see how Coach built up such a good reputation, I wish more bags looked like this today.
Well thank you! While Coach is not a premium brand, back the 80’ s and 90’s , which is almost when all of the Coach I own were made, they were obviously choosing superior leather and materials and doing a high quality job in processing and manufacturing. Or else I wouldn’t be able to clean and condition these second hand bags to what you see! The Marketing Tote in the lower left was in meh condition compared to the others, but came up nicely with a deep conditioning product. The leather on the two bags on the right is delicious. The leather on the suede Flap bag is wonderfully pebbled and if I run across a pebbled leather bag like that in person, I may be purchasing it before I realize it.
At heart, I like to upcycle when possible. And since Coach made easily over a hundred styles during the 80s and 90s, and their presence on the second hand market, I won’t have any shortage of bags like these. As it is, I have at least 10 bags that need attention. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Well thank you! While Coach is not a premium brand, back the 80’ s and 90’s , which is almost when all of the Coach I own were made, they were obvious choosing superior leather and materials and doing a high quality job in processing and manufacturing. Or else I wouldn’t be able to clean and condition these second hand bags to what you see! The Marketing Tote in the lower left was in meh condition compared to the others, but came up nicely with a deep conditioning product. The leather on the two bags on the right is delicious. The leather on the suede Flap bag is wonderfully pebbled and if I run across a pebbled leather bag like that in person, I may be purchasing it before I realize it.
At heart, I like to upcycle when possible. And since Coach made easily over a hundred styles during the 80s and 90s, and their presence on the second hand market, I won’t have any shortage of bags like these. As it is, I have at least 10 bags that need attention. :biggrin:

It's so wonderful that you adopt these rescues ;) and bring them back to their full glory

It's so wonderful that you adopt these rescues ;) and bring them back to their full glory
I’m in good company over on the Coach Rehab and Rescue thread. I have found and stumbled onto a lot bargains, so I don’t mind that either! Coach really caught my eye in the mid to late 90s, but I just didn’t have the finances then to support those kind of purchases. So now I can indulge myself !

Well thank you! While Coach is not a premium brand, back the 80’ s and 90’s , which is almost when all of the Coach I own were made, they were obviously choosing superior leather and materials and doing a high quality job in processing and manufacturing. Or else I wouldn’t be able to clean and condition these second hand bags to what you see! The Marketing Tote in the lower left was in meh condition compared to the others, but came up nicely with a deep conditioning product. The leather on the two bags on the right is delicious. The leather on the suede Flap bag is wonderfully pebbled and if I run across a pebbled leather bag like that in person, I may be purchasing it before I realize it.

I can attest to the quality of vintage Coach. I've rehabbed probably hundreds. I've also had vintage Fendi and Gucci from 90s that were in horrible condition and did not respond very well to rehabbing. They had linings that flaked away, broken straps, and the leather just didn't recover. Coach vintage leather is wonderfully supple. You can wash and condition them to make them almost new again. There aren't very many brands that would hold up to a full soak in soapy water.

I can attest to the quality of vintage Coach. I've rehabbed probably hundreds. I've also had vintage Fendi and Gucci from 90s that were in horrible condition and did not respond very well to rehabbing. They had linings that flaked away, broken straps, and the leather just didn't recover. Coach vintage leather is wonderfully supple. You can wash and condition them to make them almost new again. There aren't very many brands that would hold up to a full soak in soapy water.

Getting the topic back to brown, I do think brown is one of the best colours to age gracefully, I'll go further, it is the best

Reactions: whateve
Thanks for your response! I've never heard of RSVP b4. Their box leather looks beautiful on their website pics. Don't see your coin purse, must be discontinued. I wish they made small zipped pouches similar to Chanel's mini o case.

Love their bags. I could buy one of their Maxi Clutches in every colour ad a couple of the lizards clutches too

They are very very new. I came across their purse last year when looking for hidden gems in Paris.

The smaller items in the picture are from il bisonte. They are quite popular in Japan. The sweet dumpling coin purse, showing the lightest color, is my latest acquisition.

They are very very new. I came across their purse last year when looking for hidden gems in Paris.

The smaller items in the picture are from il bisonte. They are quite popular in Japan. The sweet dumpling coin purse, showing the lightest color, is my latest acquisition.

Well, thank you so much for the introduction. I added them to the 'recommendation' thread, hope that was OK.