feedback? discount? return?

mothbeast

O.G.
Jan 12, 2009
I bought a black leather gryson skye on Bonanzle. The auction described it as silver hardware but it's got gold hardware. I can't decide if I should try to return or ask for a discount.

Has anyone done a return through Bonanzle before? If that'll be too much hassle I may just ask to see if they'll give me a discount.

What feedback would you leave? I figure neg if no discount/return.

I might consider a chageback if I can't get anywhere with the seller. When you've done that through your cc how does it work? What happens to the item?

I think in the case of a chargeback you would have to show your CC proof of delivery back to the seller in order to have it stick. Hopefully the seller will work with you since they did not describe the hardware accurately, were there pictures in the auction? I would consider a negative if the bag was not represented correctly and the seller washed their hands of it.

Good luck!

Linda

The seller has offered a return so I have to decide now whether it's worth keeping. I take it that I just have their word that they'll give me my money back when they get the bag? Is there a way to do a return through Bonanzle / paypal?

I don't think she's a scammer but I do want to be aware of the risks before I return.

The seller has offered a return so I have to decide now whether it's worth keeping. I take it that I just have their word that they'll give me my money back when they get the bag? Is there a way to do a return through Bonanzle / paypal?

I don't think she's a scammer but I do want to be aware of the risks before I return.
If you send back the bag, be sure and send with signature delivery confirmation so you can prove you sent it if you need to ...

Yes, send the back back fully insured with signature confirmation and tracking number so you have proof just in case she does not refund you!

Personally I would have been thrilled with gold harware instead of silver but I can see why it would bother you. I do think that negative feedback is a bit harsh...the bag was represented accurately other than that right? Maybe a neutral fb (if you can leave neutral on bonanzle).

I think a refund is a bit unfair to ask for since it isn't defective or dirty or somehow less valuable. I think she most definitely should offer a return, which she did, but if you want to keep it, then I don't think it warrants a discount (though you might mention it in feedback).

I am returning the bag to her for the refund. I think it was fair to ask for since it was not what was described. Since it was just a mistake and not an attempt to lie about condition I'm not going to do a negative or complain too much in feedback. I generally don't buy gold hardware and would probably have gone in another direction if I wanted gold hardware. If it had silver I'd be carrying it right now.

I think you are doing the right thing for yourself.. if you wanted a bag with gold hardware you would have been looking for that.. the seller might have made a mistake or she might not have thinking that perhaps it wouldn't matter.. but it did matter to you..you should get what you paid for and be happy with your purchase.. hope you find what you are looking for.