FedEx tracking says "clearance delay"?

Twinklette

Over*the*Rainbow
Feb 22, 2006
I called FedEx and I guess it's held up in customs (package is coming from Singapore to US). How long does this normally take? I so wanted to get this item before Thanksgiving but I guess that isn't happening :sad:

I am in Canada and I get lots of stuff from out of country. I hate when the "clearance delay" thing comes up! Honestly it's pretty much a crapshoot. Sometimes it will clear next day but usually it takes a few days to a week.

However, once I had a nightmare customs delay on a package from India. For one reason or another, it was held up for over a month! Took a lot of tracking it down and emails to finally get it.

My favorite is when packages sail through customs without a hitch! Fortunately, that seems to be the majority! Good luck with your package.

I just had this happen to me with a package coming from overseas via DHL. When I called they told me that they needed me to fax a copy of my SS card to them. I argued the point - obviously this is not normally a good idea with identity theft etc..., but they basically told me that my package was randomly stopped and that it happens all the time, and that it would "not budge" until they received the info. they needed. As soon as I faxed them the info., they called me back and told me that my item was being processed and it would take anywhere from 1-3 business days to clear. I received the package the next day (It was stuck in Los Angeles, Ca and I am in Ohio). It was very stressful, but it all worked out. Now I am waiting for the bill for the customs fees, but at least I have my gorgeous bag!

Usually it's quite strange that such delay occurs (as i know from singapore to US) shld be quite fast. That also depends what kinda of delivery mode she chooses. It's either the international mail without tracking # (takes abt 10-14 workin days) or our EMS express courier service with tracking # (takes 3-5 workin days). Besides, that also depends what the seller has indicated on the packagin, if it declare the value as USD50 and mark it as a gift, the custom will clear pretty fast.

If it happens so near to the festive season esp x'mas is around the corner, u will expect some delay as u shld know that there will be many pple sending gifts, cards, etc to love ones, friends.....:smile: