Favorite Store?

sonya

Feb 23, 2006
What are your favorite stores?

Mine is Barneys, Louis Boston, Linda Dresner and Neiman Marcus.

I guess I like these department type stores. I like anonymity while shopping ... though personalized attention is great. (Linda Dresner is small but it isn't very popular so there is always great stuff left over there.)

I'm not a huge fan of the Barneys Boston store though ... too hot ... and the salespeople on the first floor are ridiculously dismissive. I know the Madison Ave flagship has a horrible reputation customer service-wise but I love it there.

My favorite department stores at Macy's and Nordstrom. Macy's is good because I get to shop without anyone bugging me. I like Nordstrom's because they have a friendly sales staff for the most part.

Two stores I don't like: Sak's Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. Worst sales associates I've ever encountered!

i hate department stores.. i used to work at macy's, and i vowed to never walk in another department store unless i HAVE TO HAVE TO.. like as a shortcut to get to another store.

for me, my fav stores to shop in: A|X, A&F, AE, Express, Club Monaco..

fav stores to walk around in for their atmosphere:Barney's Co-Op, Chrome Hearts, Kitson, Dior.. i like walking aroung saks sometimes.. but i dont like shopping in it.

however, since LV has renovated their stores, i LOVE being in there/shopping in there. :smile:

sonya said:
What are your favorite stores?

Mine is Barneys, Louis Boston, Linda Dresner and Neiman Marcus.

I guess I like these department type stores. I like anonymity while shopping ... though personalized attention is great. (Linda Dresner is small but it isn't very popular so there is always great stuff left over there.)

I'm not a huge fan of the Barneys Boston store though ... too hot ... and the salespeople on the first floor are ridiculously dismissive. I know the Madison Ave flagship has a horrible reputation customer service-wise but I love it there.

Linda Dresner is from Michigan! We have a boutique here in Birmingham Michigan- its fantastic! :love:

My favorite stores are: NM, Saks, Barneys, Bergdorfs, and Bendels.

My favorite store is J Crew. All the clothes are so functional and laid back and everything coordinates, I can go in and know that I'll come out with an outfit and not just mismatched pieces. I don't like big department stores at all, I feel totally overwhelmed in them and almost never shop there! I'm not a smart shopper, I need a store that does the thinking for me ;)

I know. :biggrin:

I go to the Linda Dresner in Birmingham.

Tender has great merchandise too ... Pucci, Miu Miu, Peter Som.... Never bought anything there though.

Where do you buy Balenciaga bags in Michigan? Just wondering.... I haven't been back in awhile.

jag said:
Linda Dresner is from Michigan! We have a boutique here in Birmingham Michigan- its fantastic! :love:

My favorite stores are: NM, Saks, Barneys, Bergdorfs, and Bendels.

There's not much doing in Rochester, but in NYC, I love the top floor of Bergdorf's (the household stuff), Barney's, Zitomer, and NYCentral Art Supply. There's a good place to get cashmere sweaters on Fifth at 48th (upstairs): "Best of Scotland" but I'm not sure they're there any more.

I love Fossil, Pacsun, Sephora...although there isn't one here, and the usual department stores. I also love shoe stores...ANY shoe store almost...in Canada it was Browns and Pegabo and the like...