Favorite made-for-TV movies?

GirlieShoppe

Formerly HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
What are your favorite TV movies? I'm embarrassed to admit I love Lifetime movies. One of my all time favorites is Death of a Cheerleader with Tori Spelling and Kellie Martin. It's totally hokey, but I always watch it whenever is airs. :shame: A Woman Scorned, the Betty Broderick story with Meredith Baxter is another one of my favorite Lifetime movies.

I also love Hysterical Blindness with Uma Thurman and Juliette Lewis on HBO. The entire cast was amazing.

Anyone else care to share their favorite made-for-TV movies?

Rockabye w/ Valerie Bertinelli. I cry every damn time.

Plot: While visiting New York City, Susannah Bartok (Bertinelli) was attacked, maced, and her son kidnapped. After she unsuccessfully pleaded to the police, who felt indifferent about the case, newspaper reporter Victoria Garcia (Ticotin) helps the young mother in finding her son. During their search, they discovered an underground black market ring, selling young children.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091863/

One of my all time favorites is Death of a Cheerleader with Tori Spelling and Kellie Martin.

Love this one!

I also loved 'Stomping at the Savoy' about four young black women and their struggles. The movie starred Jasmine Guy, Vanessa Williams, Lynn Whtifield, and Debbie Allen (who also directed it). It airs all of the time on TVOne, but it originally aired on CBS once in the early nineties, iirc, and never again on that channel. It's not even available on DVD or VHS, so I try to catch it whenever it is on.

From 1971: the original (and only one as far as I'm concerned) "Brian's Song", with James Caan & Billy Dee Williams. I still cannot watch it without crying until my eyes are swollen.

"Still Small Voices" with Catherine Bell

What are your favorite TV movies? I'm embarrassed to admit I love Lifetime movies. One of my all time favorites is Death of a Cheerleader with Tori Spelling and Kellie Martin. It's totally hokey, but I always watch it whenever is airs. :shame: A Woman Scorned, the Betty Broderick story with Meredith Baxter is another one of my favorite Lifetime movies.

I also love Hysterical Blindness with Uma Thurman and Juliette Lewis on HBO. The entire cast was amazing.

Anyone else care to share their favorite made-for-TV movies?

Another vote here for the Betty Broderick story!

I have watched a few tv movies lately and they are not what they used to be. Usually way campier and fakety-fake scintillating. I will take late 80s early 90s tv movies anyday over the current crop of wannabes.

I don't know if this was a made for TV movie, but I think it was. It's called The Last Trimester. I have seen it a couple times on the W network I think, here in Canada. It was also on the LifeTime network I think. Anyway, it was actually a really good movie. I have never been able to catch the ending but I really like the movie.

OP-- I love all lifetime movies as well.. I'm so happy there is a Lifetime Movie network. SOO GOOD! Tori is in a ton! And when ABC and NBC had made for TV movies in the 90's. One of my faves was a made for TV movie with Yasmine Bleeth (from Baywatch) where she had hideous scarred face, alkey mother, and a beautiful sister that made her feel like horrible. I used to have it on tape, lol. I've never seen it re-air anywhere.