Favorite facial masks

May 14, 2009
What are some of your favorite face masks?
Brand and type of mask- peel off, cloth mask with serum, clay mask... etc
Your skin type

I've been trying out some different facial masks lately and would love to know what everyone has been using and if they had any recommendations.

My skin type is combination/dry yet sensitive skin
-Boscia White peel off facial mask- for brightening. Not a bad mask but peeling off the mask can be challenging if this product is applied too thin. This mask is supposed to help with any hyperpigmentation and have anti-aging properties.

-First Aid Beauty Red Clay mask- Peel off mask supposedly for sensitive skin.
I like both the Boscia White mask and Red Clay mask about the same. I've tried the black Bosica mask and is was a bit too drying for my sensitive skin. The First Aid Beauty red clay mask is supposed to help with oil and minimize pores.

Karuna - Anti-Aging/Brightening cloth mask with serum. I had read some reviews on the Sephora site about this mask and was concerned because some people had some negative reactions-break outs, left with reddness... I tried this but only left it on for 10 mins instead of the 10-20 mins. The mask was hydrating and cooling. I did notice my face looked brighter and smoother.

Karuna- Hydrating face mask-serum infused cloth mask. Have not tried yet but own.

SK-II Treatment face mask- Supposed to be hydrating and calming mask. I own a few but have not used yet.

Shisedio Wrinkle Resist24 Pure Retinol express smothing eye mask- Serum infused cloth eye mask. I really enjoyed the coolness of the eye mask and it's brightening properties. I don't have any fine lines yet near my eyes but this mask is perfect if you are tired and don't have time to do a full face mask.

Skin type is dry/congested

1. GlamGlow ThirstyMud: It is my favorite mask because it is so hydrating and smells delicious.

2. GlamGlow PowerMud: This mask transforms into a cleansing oil. It smells like apples and is quite lovely.

3. Kiehl's Rare Earth Masque: This is the only clay masque that I have ever tried that doesn't dry out my skin! It makes my skin look like porcelain! I love it!

4. REN Glycolic Mask: This is a great mask when I want to dramatically improve the appearance of my skin. It is pretty active, and I use it when my skin is at its worst.

5. Sephora/Karuna Sheet Masks: I've used a few of these and like the Karuna ones better. My skin drinks the serum. I think that the Sephora sheet mask fits my face better than Karuna though.

I am always looking for new masks to try and look forward to reading other responses.

Last year I got into Asian beauty products from Korea. I really like their sheet masks.
My 2 favorite masks are Innisfree it's real squeeze mask Rose
and Dermal Rose Collagen Essence mask.
Both have a nice rose scent are very nice for skin.
Any leftover mask essence in package or on sheet mask I use on hands.
These sheet masks I buy online at www.en.koreadepart.com/

One of the best is Freeman's Strawberry and Chocolate mask for oily skin. It has lots of kaolin in there to clear up the skin and a good amount of shea butter to soften.
Nuxe Maske Exfoliant is a mask and scrub all-in-one. Intended for oily skin and is super rich but still unclogs pores and leaves your skin silky smooth.

Thanks for letting me know about some other great sheet masks! I'm really into those right now. I'd love to try more Asian sheet masks but it's difficult for me to find them.

Any other great Asian brand sheet masks that are safe to use? Some of the whitening Asian stuff with skin whitening/ bleaching is unsafe and quite harmful so I'm careful with Asian products.