Fat cats...

^^^ Males are neutered and females are spayed. Your kitties are tested for worms at their annual visit. That's why you bring a fecal sample.

That must only be in the USA. We dont bring fecal samples on our annual visit. Though that should happen, its a great idea.

Be carefull putting them on a diet to fast. My friend had 2 heavy cats and her doctor advised her to put them on a diet and she drasticly cut thier food, they got very very sick and passed away. I forget what the reason was, diabeties or something.:crybaby:

^^^ They may have gotten hepatic lipidosis or fatty liver syndrome. It happens when animals are so used to over eating and then their caloric intake is drastically limited. Basically, it's how geese and duck liver gets turned into pate.
And m1nime and Jenova, I had no idea about that. Thanks for the heads up. It may be very well done here in the US only. It's standard when vets do the annual exam, they test the pets' feces as well. If you forget the sample, they can collect enough to do it using a rectal swab.

I swear by healthy weight Wellness purple bag and wellness [grain free] cans.

This is what I feed my baby that doesn't have UTI issues (that one is on a special vet diet) and it's been fantastic. I feed one large can of the wet in the morning (she grazes during the day on it) and about 1/4 cup of dry kibble at night. She prefers the dry food but the wet is better for them so I force her to eat that.

Sjunky, that does sound like fatty liver disease from rapid starvation/decrease in food intake. At one time I was trying to crush a pill into my cat's food (she wouldn't take the pill and once I tried to give it to her I couldn't even catch her for the next dose) and she refused to eat. Period. Anything. I had to give up after a day because I didn't want her to go into hepatic lipidosis. It is crucial to restrict their diet very slowly.