Fashion opinions needed (pics), please!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I need to buy another dress to wear to a semi-formal event, but b/c of finances right now I'd like to get more than one wear out of it (with different accessories). I'm 40, size 6, assets: chest and legs;), like to hide: upper arms and waist.

What do you think of this BCBG dress? I thought I could pair it at different times with black knee high boots, silver, black (if I need to tone it down), red/other colors. Grey is a good color for me. TIA:woohoo:

2. The dress is definitely versatile, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it for you if you're trying to hide your waist (because it has a belt)? Not that you can't wear something just because it has a belt but I guess I'd picture you in something fitted at the bust with a natural waist.

Is something like this not formal enough? (also from bluefly)

[​IMG]

3. That style would also look good on me, but I just bought a black jersey sheath (think Audrey Hepburn) as a little black dress. I also bought a BCBG black and muted silver brocade halter neck style dress, so I was looking for something not black but still versatile.

I'd actually change the belt (I rarely ever wear the belt that's included with a dress b/c I don't think it looks good - that's what my mom taught me anywho!) to a wider belt. You're right, though, skinny belts don't look great on girls without small waists.

I've been lurking a loooong time and know you all are a sophiticated bunch, so please give me your advice!

4. tsjmom- I LOVE the dress you posted. I think it will look great on you and it sounds like it will suit your needs perfectly. With a killer pair of heels, a little clutch and some dangly earrings, that outfit will be drop dead sexy!!! :yes:

5. Thanks Claire! That's the one (out of about 20!) that my DH liked too. I'm going with it!