Falling Skies

I did get to see the last hour and fifteen minutes in the replay episode. But I wanted to see the invasion so I will look for another re-airing of the series opener.

I will be watching the series. The previews look good. :borg:

I also watched last night. It was ok. I will give it another try. Its kinda like that show on AMC about the zombies (cant remember the name) but its just showing what happens after the invasion and how they will survive.

Veyda, they are not showing the invasion at all. It is more or less explained at the very beginning by the little boy and the drawings.

The jury is still out for me on this one. I will give it a few more episodes and that is it. I do think there are some interesting ideas out there re the skitters and the mechs. One school of thought is that the skitters are not the actual invaders and are a conquered race doing the dirty work for the real invaders. A hint about this is a comment made by the school teacher. He said that one of his students said that usually a cyborg is made to resemble the creator. She questioned the fact that the mechs are biped and the skitters are not. I think that is the major hint that the invaders are not the skitters. I have the feeling that the invaders come in to plunder a planet, get slave labor and leave. That could be the set up for the ending of the series.

Veyda, they are not showing the invasion at all. It is more or less explained at the very beginning by the little boy and the drawings.

The jury is still out for me on this one. I will give it a few more episodes and that is it. I do think there are some interesting ideas out there re the skitters and the mechs. One school of thought is that the skitters are not the actual invaders and are a conquered race doing the dirty work for the real invaders. A hint about this is a comment made by the school teacher. He said that one of his students said that usually a cyborg is made to resemble the creator. She questioned the fact that the mechs are biped and the skitters are not. I think that is the major hint that the invaders are not the skitters. I have the feeling that the invaders come in to plunder a planet, get slave labor and leave. That could be the set up for the ending of the series.

I really like this theory.

The show itself I found interesting, but I am a serious fan of post-apocalyptic tv shows and movies. I really hope they follow the small group going in search of family members, and leave the militia storyline behind.

I really like this theory.

The show itself I found interesting, but I am a serious fan of post-apocalyptic tv shows and movies. I really hope they follow the small group going in search of family members, and leave the militia storyline behind.

Mr. Ho, I am afraid that the search for the captured son may get old pretty fast. Sort of a variant of Richard Kimble looking for the one armed man. The problem is that if they can get hold of the son, how to get the harness off without killing him. That said, it could open up a whole new territory of story lines regarding the alien technology, but given the fact that the survivors are operating at a pretty primitive level, how far will they get? That was the exact point that the new version of V left us at. They were introducing a higher and more organized group to battle the V when the show was cancelled. There could be a lot of shark jumping KWIM?

You must have loved Jericho when it was on :smile: I liked it and sorry to see it canceled, but stories like this can go only so far.

Mr. Ho, I am afraid that the search for the captured son may get old pretty fast. Sort of a variant of Richard Kimble looking for the one armed man. The problem is that if they can get hold of the son, how to get the harness off without killing him. That said, it could open up a whole new territory of story lines regarding the alien technology, but given the fact that the survivors are operating at a pretty primitive level, how far will they get? That was the exact point that the new version of V left us at. They were introducing a higher and more organized group to battle the V when the show was cancelled. There could be a lot of shark jumping KWIM?

You must have loved Jericho when it was on :smile: I liked it and sorry to see it canceled, but stories like this can go only so far.

Yes, I am not sure what they are going to do once they find their harnessed children. They must be able to rescue them some how, because they have attempted removing the harness, unsuccessfully.

I just prefer a show that focuses more on the everyday issues of the survivors. A more focused character list is what I was hoping for with this series.

Jericho was a great TV show, I still have not finished watching all the episodes, so I am not angry about it yet :biggrin:

From the previews, I think they are going to find a way to get those things off the children but they will have to find a way for them to live longer. I think the story of the children will be a major part as it will give us a better view of why the aliens only use children as slaves and for what?