Fall Seller Flogging -- Fees UP! (again)

N.M.Nevuhmynd

Head Flunkie In Charge Of Nothingness
Apr 15, 2016
"eBay is raising fees even as it makes more demands on its sellers. The bad news came in the third and final Seller Update announced today.

eBay explained, "We are increasing our investment in our platform, marketing efforts, and tools to enhance both the seller and buyer experience."

But the decision to raise fees comes less than 3 weeks after eBay revealed another quarter of stalled growth, coming in at single-digit sales growth compared to Etsy and Amazon's strong double-digit growth in sales."

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2018/8/1533654011.html

This is to pay for their internal takeover to become their own payment clearance center - many sellers are leaving because of that and ebay continues to keep siding with buyers who lie to get returns and refunds against sellers who have done everything right and everything to protect themselves - especially those who say NO RETURNS clear as daylight and sell items that say AS IS clear as daylight - yet ebay time after time screws them out of their items and money then turns around and wants to be their payment processor as well. They can raise fees to compensate for the loss of these sellers - but the fewer sellers, the fewer options and decent buyers not trying to scam the few sellers left - will just move on to shop where there are more choices and where honest sellers have moved to.

Reactions: Lubina
So it looks like no commission fee increases in fashion categories, which is good. The only reason I still list on there in addition to posh and tradesy is that the fees are lower, and I can charge less. However despite this my ebay sales are in the tank, whereas I am doing fairly well on posh and tradesy. I think buyers just prefer other platforms for fashion buying these days.