Fake bag seller Member119055 aka Kademo GmbH on HEWI London and Rebelle.com

Mar 6, 2006
Hi all, i wanted to share my fake bag purchase story here in case anyone else has also been duped.

I recently purchased a small “steel grey” Givenchy Antigona from Member119055 on HEWI which was new but at less than half price. Yes I know if it's too good to be true, it is! When the bag arrived, it just didn't feel heavy like Antigona normally do and the leather didn't smell of anything. Having owned a small antigona several years back, I had a feeling it wasn't right so I started to compare with pics online and noticed some inconsistencies. I went ahead and had it authenticated and as suspected it was confirmed to be fake. So I did a bit of research on the seller once I found their company name. I found that the seller is based in Germany and lists same bags over and over again at low prices and brands include Givenchy, Balenciaga and Saint Laurent (that I came across). They are a professional seller with company name Kademo GmbH based in Germany. They seem to sell these high end bags through HEWI and Rebelle that I know of, but may also sell elsewhere. I believe they’re selling superfakes as they don’t seem to list these same bags on their own German website. There were complaints about them selling fakes items on google reviews.

Anyway, I complained to HEWI by email with all this info and am shocked that they do very little research about their "professional" sellers. They asked me to send the bag back to them and I’m still waiting for a refund.

I’ve posted this on the Givenchy chat thread as well as Balenciaga and Saint Laurent threads as wasn't sure where to post and had no idea how to start a new thread, but then someone kindly told me how so admin please delete my other posts if you feel that us appropriate.

To end on a good note I’ve since purchased a gorgeous small Givenchy antigona from an authorised Givenchy site.

Hi all, i wanted to share my fake bag purchase story here in case anyone else has also been duped.

I recently purchased a small “steel grey” Givenchy Antigona from Member119055 on HEWI which was new but at less than half price. Yes I know if it's too good to be true, it is! When the bag arrived, it just didn't feel heavy like Antigona normally do and the leather didn't smell of anything. Having owned a small antigona several years back, I had a feeling it wasn't right so I started to compare with pics online and noticed some inconsistencies. I went ahead and had it authenticated and as suspected it was confirmed to be fake. So I did a bit of research on the seller once I found their company name. I found that the seller is based in Germany and lists same bags over and over again at low prices and brands include Givenchy, Balenciaga and Saint Laurent (that I came across). They are a professional seller with company name Kademo GmbH based in Germany. They seem to sell these high end bags through HEWI and Rebelle that I know of, but may also sell elsewhere. I believe they’re selling superfakes as they don’t seem to list these same bags on their own German website. There were complaints about them selling fakes items on google reviews.

Anyway, I complained to HEWI by email with all this info and am shocked that they do very little research about their "professional" sellers. They asked me to send the bag back to them and I’m still waiting for a refund.

I’ve posted this on the Givenchy chat thread as well as Balenciaga and Saint Laurent threads as wasn't sure where to post and had no idea how to start a new thread, but then someone kindly told me how so admin please delete my other posts if you feel that us appropriate.

To end on a good note I’ve since purchased a gorgeous small Givenchy antigona from an authorised Givenchy site.

HEWI is dreadful, apparently they are expanding but they seem to be totally out of their dept with the current site. I don't buy or sell anything through them as far too many people have been stung. They seem to be more interested in selling memberships than anything else.

One of my friends sold a brand new dress through them for less than 1/10th of the price she bought it for, the buyer then wasn't careful enough with the delicate lace material and damaged the lace and wanted to return it, my friend refused and sent pictures she took and there clearly was no damage. She triple packaged it, put a note in to be careful when opening it, basically had it in 2 plastic wrappings and then in a box, from the damage, it looks like the buyer opened the box with a knife and slashed the dress. She contacted HEWI, and told them that she is not going to take back a dress that was damaged by a buyer, they said they would get back to her, that was 2 weeks ago.

Btw if you want to stop them, I'd recommend going to German customs, it's super illegal what they are doing and I seem to remember that if somebody sells a fake, they actually owe you the real thing, additionally they can be sued by the company who's copyright they infringe, and since Germany doesn't allow fakes to be imported, chances are they didn't pay customs on the items, and they will really really go after them.

Contact them

http://www.zoll.de/EN/Home/home_node.html

Additionally it might be worth while leaving a review on Trustpilot to warn others.

Hi. Yes so glad to read your story. I purchased a Balenciaga City from HEWI from this seller. Supposed to be never worn but at a very good price. When it arrived I knew it wasn’t authentic as I have a number of Balenciaga and the leather and hardware did not look, smell or feel right. I immediately notified HEWI that I considered it a fake and they refused to believe me. I was gobsmacked as they hadn’t even seen it. In the end I had to raise a claim with HEWI via PayPal. They ended up having to refund me only because PayPal made them. Then they relisted the bag! I was genuinely shocked that HEWI did not investigate this Seller as they were selling so many “new” bags. Really made me wary of HEWI and will be very cautious using them again.

That seller is still in HEWI selling fake
Bags even though it has been reported to HEWI. Really terrible of HEWI.

HEWI is really odd, there is money at stake for them, as they are a VIP/business seller, so apparently they don't do anything, somebody else is currently suing them as somebody claimed they got a fake, HEWI told them to destroy it (without even checking it themselves and checking evidence) and banned the seller, who kept all the copies and apparently the buyer was a bit of a scumbag. While I am totally against the sale of fakes, there should be independent checking to avoid people claiming items are fake without evidence, however that is something they apparently only do with private sellers.

They are also still on Rebelle, who seem to get more unorganized and crazy every day. I am so hoping that Joli Closet will have a big international launch and not succumb to the ways of the big websites, though possibly inevitable, but hey, might be a few years of good service and then possibly another site will come along.

I totally understand wanting a bargain but in all honesty, a lot of it is due to really absurd expectations of people being on beer money but thinking they have champagne tastes, if I am shelling out a few K for a designer item, I am not going to sell it for 50, I rather would give it to a friend as a present or use a flame thrower on it, if you pay that much for an item, you can afford to not sell it, especially not for a Walmart price, so if something is so cheap, why do people not ask themselves why it is so cheap?

Reactions: MoncaM
I just want to warn people about HEWI and selling there, sold a white item, tons of pictures, item was received and signed for, then 2 days later the buyer claimed it has stains and she is only willing to pay half the price, referred to the pictures which don't show any stains and since I steamed it up before sending and carefully wrapped it in a plastic bag before I put it into the cardboard box, there really were no stains on it, my pictures were so high resolution and clear, you could even see the texture of the threads but really NO stains, the item was the whole time in a garment bag. I asked for pictures, received none, but apparently she sent them to HEWI who forwarded them to me, it looks like she wore it and poured OJ over it or something else that is yellowish. Heaven knows if the stains will come out.

So basically I am now getting an item back that is not in the state I have sent it the buyer was horrendous (new member) claimed I only sent it in a dirty bag (it was a new bag from Selfridges, and only for additional protection in case something happened to the cardboard box, I'm a bit manic when it comes to protection).

I can only advise everybody to be very careful with selling there, it seems if the buyer wears the item and damages it, then shows pictures of the damage, they will side with the buyer.

Since I sent directly, I had the name of the buyer and found her social media accounts, how wonderful, apparently she was out with a bunch of people, wearing the coat, and they all look a bit "refreshed" and holding various cocktails.... Apparently that doesn't matter, the stains were not shown on my pictures, so my fault - the logic being that I have to show stains that aren't there and that the "buyer" puts in.... I am closing my account there and will seriously only use services where somebody checks items before.