fainting bridesmaid

log47

Dec 27, 2006
ok, so please tell me if i'm a terrible person for being crabby about this. last october i got married and one of my bridesmaids had a dramatic fainting incident right at the "i do's". yes, she was 6wks pregnant, and normally this wouldn't have bothered me, but her entire life (i've known her since i was 4) she's been a notorious hypochondiac and it just irks me that she couldn't stand there another five min...there are other contributing factors surrounding the wedding that made me overall annoyed, but the fainting was the most significant. am i awful for still being kinda upset about this after all this time?

Wait, so you're (still) annoyed that a bridesmaid fainted during your wedding, which was nearly a year ago? I think it's time to get over it. I'm not trying to be rude, and that's too bad that it happened during your vows, but if she honestly fainted what was she supposed to do?

I don't think you're awful, but why is it still bothering you after all this time? Are there unresolved issues of another sort with that bridesmaid? That's a long time to hold on to something that she probably had very little control over.

It's not like she did it on purpose..lol she was PREGNANT. Not being rude I understand that it would bother some people because its suppose to be your perfect day and best day ever, but thats life and your health comes first. When did she have the baby?

You're not a terrible person, but you need to let this go. Your wedding is about you and your husband, not a bridesmaid. I'm sure she couldn't help it and was probably mortified at the time.

You are NOT a terrible person, although I think it's about time to get over it. It was a year ago? I don't see why you should be worrying about it until this day.

ITA with Lori.

I fainted at a FUNERAL one time...it was summer in AZ and the service was outside at the cemetary.

I felt SO BAD and there were a few people there who glared at me like I was trying to steal attention or something.

To this day I feel so mortified.

ok, so please tell me if i'm a terrible person for being crabby about this. last october i got married and one of my bridesmaids had a dramatic fainting incident right at the "i do's". yes, she was 6wks pregnant, and normally this wouldn't have bothered me, but her entire life (i've known her since i was 4) she's been a notorious hypochondiac and it just irks me that she couldn't stand there another five min...there are other contributing factors surrounding the wedding that made me overall annoyed, but the fainting was the most significant. am i awful for still being kinda upset about this after all this time?

What a wonderful and funny wedding memory!!!

If your wedding had proceeded without flaws, it would have been sweet and dull as dirt.

The best weddings have a flaw. The absolute flaws are innocent and funny. Your bridesmaid's faint could have not been more innocent nor sweet nor funny.

Unlucky brides' have flaws which are neither funny nor innocent.

My brother's wedding including several family members falling over drunk. Not funny. Disgusting. A faint due to innocense and pregancy is a very cute faux pax.

Enjoy. Let go.

Enh... sometimes you just need to bring it out into the open (like you did here) before you can get over/past it.

I've never been pregnant, so I can't speak for what it feels like, but did you & your bridesmaid know it at the time? Six weeks is a lot different from 6 months. For your bridesmaid, I do hope it was an accident & not a drama moment.... i know girls who would actually enjoy that kind of attention....not intentionally malicious, but would still be like "omg, I'm soooo sorry I fainted!" and then proceed to tell the story far & wide about how she was sooooo embarrassed to have fainted, and btw...did you know she was pregnant at the time, too??

When I was in high school band class, we had a hypochondriac flute player that managed to faint everytime we had marching practice on the football field. Yeah, it was hot, but it's not like she was lugging around a sousaphone... that was me!

Hope that irratation you feel goes away now that you've gotten off your chest...and maybe someday will actually make you laugh. :flowers:

How can you be ressentful, after someone fainted....these are extremely emotionnal moments (weddings , funeral etc...) add to that a low blood pressure or pregnancy , it´s not uncommon and when I read the post I was more worried about the girl who fainted (was she alright ? was her baby ok ?) .Unless you have deeper problems with her,it´s just being selfish and it doesn´t worth it over thinking about smg that small that everyone else doesn´t remember anyways.
As a guest to a wedding, I only remember my emotions for the couple getting married, the speech in the church and the food.

For your bridesmaid, I do hope it was an accident & not a drama moment.... i know girls who would actually enjoy that kind of attention....not intentionally malicious, but would still be like "omg, I'm soooo sorry I fainted!" and then proceed to tell the story far & wide about how she was sooooo embarrassed to have fainted, and btw...did you know she was pregnant at the time, too??

ya'll are right, i definitely should be over it by now. to clarify, it wasn't a "faint/pass out" as much as it was her exclaiming/hissing (so that everyone could hear) to the other bm's how much she couldn't stand anymore, making a big deal as she wobbled and sat down on the step, and later went to the pew. ever since she was young she has loved drama/attention, that's why it still bugs me. it's something i hadn't thought of in a while, but this past weekend i was in a wedding with all the same people, so it just brought it all back. (the girl was there, not in the wedding) ya, we did know she was pregnant, she just had the baby, he's very cute :idea:

ya'll are right, i definitely should be over it by now. to clarify, it wasn't a "faint/pass out" as much as it was her exclaiming/hissing (so that everyone could hear) to the other bm's how much she couldn't stand anymore, making a big deal as she wobbled and sat down on the step, and later went to the pew. ever since she was young she has loved drama/attention, that's why it still bugs me. it's something i hadn't thought of in a while, but this past weekend i was in a wedding with all the same people, so it just brought it all back. (the girl was there, not in the wedding) ya, we did know she was pregnant, she just had the baby, he's very cute :idea:[/quote]

I hope getting it out in the open with us has helped you move on from this.

The real question is..."Why did you ask her to be in your wedding in the first place?" I know a couple of hypochondriacs and they're just after attention. I have already determined that a couple of my friends will not be in my bridal party because of their need to always have the spotlight on them.