Factory store return question

cinediva

Banned!
May 30, 2007
I got as a gift a bag that has a Factory Store tag on it. It's a bubblegum pink leather Soho Pocket Flap purse, and I looooovvve it EXCEPT: it has two slashes in the leather of the strap - one through one of the leather cuffs, and one between the belt-buckle-holes at the end of the strap. (Don't know if that made any sense.... but here's a picture:

455561210_8fdcf6ba3b.jpg

I didn't take a picture of the other one.

Since it still has the factory tags on it, though I have no gift receipt, can I possibly take this back to a Factory Store for merch credit or something? I actually really like this purse, but the slashes just kind of kill it for me.

What do you think?

Oh jeez, I'm sorry I missed that post! Thanks for the link.

Now... do I keep it because I like it and I don't think I'll be able to just exchange for an unblemished one, or do I just get a merch credit (probably less than the tag value, but since the price tearoff is torn off I don't know what that is) and pick something smaller but undamaged?

call the factory store and see if they have another one, if you really like the bag! I wonder how it got all cut up like that. I too would cry.

It seems like a wayward box-cutter accident, but still a bummer. The friend who gave it to me is not quite the purse hound that I am, so probably didn't examine the strap, just picked up a cute bag. Le sigh.

I am so bummed! The Factory Store couldn't take it back, because as it turns out it was from TJ MAxx (I Don't know how that was determined, but I trust the coach folks to know...) I called the 800 number to see if the strap could be replaced or repaired, and it turns out that no, no replacement strap OR strap repair either! I feel bad that my friend spent however much money on a purse that I LOVE but that has such a glaring defect. :/ Sad, sad sad.

Thanks for the advice yesterday, anyway.

I am so bummed! The Factory Store couldn't take it back, because as it turns out it was from TJ MAxx (I Don't know how that was determined, but I trust the coach folks to know...) I called the 800 number to see if the strap could be replaced or repaired, and it turns out that no, no replacement strap OR strap repair either! I feel bad that my friend spent however much money on a purse that I LOVE but that has such a glaring defect. :/ Sad, sad sad.

Thanks for the advice yesterday, anyway.

I would just kindly tell your friend what you told us, that you love it but it has the slash marks.. if the tags are still attached I am sure she can probably return it to TJMaxx ;)

I would just kindly tell your friend what you told us, that you love it but it has the slash marks.. if the tags are still attached I am sure she can probably return it to TJMaxx ;)
I would do the same.
I'm sorry you are having to go through this.
The color is super beautiful tho, I love it!

I know, I love it too. I am really dragging my feet on approaching my friend, because she was so excited to find it for me. :sad: I almost feel bad not being able to overlook it because I don't want to hurt her feelings.

Maybe I could tie something around the strap on that spot... but it is the top part of the strap, not near where it connects to the bag. :sad:

I'm going to see if maybe I can find a good local leather repair person.... Even though it was a gift, I'd almost rather pay to have it fixed than make my friend feel bad....

I know, I love it too. I am really dragging my feet on approaching my friend, because she was so excited to find it for me. :sad: I almost feel bad not being able to overlook it because I don't want to hurt her feelings.

Maybe I could tie something around the strap on that spot... but it is the top part of the strap, not near where it connects to the bag. :sad:

I'm going to see if maybe I can find a good local leather repair person.... Even though it was a gift, I'd almost rather pay to have it fixed than make my friend feel bad....

The slash would bug me too, but I probably wouldn't approach my friend about it because then she'd feel bad. But, maybe try tying a Coach scarf around that part, would that work? If not & it really bugs you, then I'd approach your friend. You don't want her to have spent the money on the bag & then never use it because it bugs you. Good luck!

Just thought of something else, maybe check at TJ MAXX to see what their policy is on exchanging it...can't hurt! :smile: