face oil - day or night? under makeup?

I started using jojoba oil early this month. My face is less oily when i wake up and during the day. I use 2 - 3 drops on damp face at night, sometimes i follow up with moisturizer, sometimes i don't. Last week i started adding 1 drop rosehip with 2 drops jojoba to reduce hyperpigmentation.

I find if i overuse the oils, i'll start to breakout on my forehead. 3 drops works perfectly for face and neck.

Here are the oils I've been using recently. I use a small amount after my shower.

January-June: I used a mixture of Rosehip seed oil, Seabuckthorn oil and Argan. Loved this combo, worked great!

June - presently: Just argan. Worked fine on it's own at first, but, I have noticed my skin looking not quite as good as with the rosehip/seabuckthorn additions.

I just ordered some Marula oil, and I'm hoping this will be the best one yet.

Julianne Moore was on WWHL last night. She was asked about her skin care regime. She said she uses face oil and sunscreen both from the drug store.

It sounded like she used these together, which would mean she uses the oil during the day.

I don't know what kind of face oil. I saw one online that looks interesting (got good reviews) - Olay Renergist Luminous Face Oil.

I was wondering if face oil would absorb into skin so you could put foundation over it?

Someone posted that they applied a drop of oil by patting over their makeup.

Some say extra virgin olive oil is good. I have this on-hand - would be a lot cheaper than buying something like Argan oil.

Advice? I have somewhat dry skin.

For dry skin I think you should use facial oild at night. Refer this article. It may contain the information you need https://oilserums.com/skin-care-tip...at-is-the-difference-between-serums-and-oils/