Face + neck lift + Fat Graft at vLif

blush249

Dec 24, 2021
It’s been around 11 hours after my surgery at vLif! I will continue to update this thread during my recovery.

I’m a 38 year old asian female and the main issue I wanted to address was my double chin and jawline. I did double chin lipo in 2020 (in another country) but all it did was make my double chin smaller, I still did not have a defined jawline. So I decided to get a neck lift. And since I’m approaching 40, I thought I might as well get the mini lift (mid and lower) too.

When I whatsapped them months ago Bella responded very quickly and based on my photos they also recommended a zygoma fat graft as it was quite sunken. I also added on the undereye fat repositioning because whenever I smiled my eyebags were very asymmetrical.

Total cost was around 10.5M KRW after the discount. I agreed to write a review for the discount but I was not pressured at all to give positive reviews.

I arrived at the clinic at 9.30am. They took photos of my face and then got me to wash my face before meeting with Dr Lee. It was a quick consultation and they were happy to answer all my questions. I asked Dr Lee to put a little extra fat under my eyes so that I’d look younger :smile:

After that I entered the operating theatre and I was impressed by the setup! I’d done surgery in Bangkok before and it was nothing like this.
There were so many OR nurses and they were all working very quickly. You could tell everyone was highly experienced and it was a well oiled machine. There was a large screen on the wall showing my ‘before’ pictures. They also had some warm foot rests for my feet and made sure I was comfortable. Bella was with me in the OR to translate for the nurses.

Before I knew it I’d woken up from the surgery. They were wheeling me to my private room and someone was telling me please do not go back to sleep, cos if I fall asleep it will be harder to wake up later. I wonder if this is a thing for IV sedation? I was under general anesthesia in the past and they always let me sleep and wake up on my own. It was such a struggle cos I was so tired.

Somehow I managed to stay awake and after 30 minutes or so I tried to sit up on my own. I still felt a bit dizzy so I laid down again.

My throat was so dry and sore but when I asked for water they said I had to wait till I got back to my hotel as it could cause nausea.

After another 15 minutes I managed to sit up and use my phone. I still felt weak and slightly dizzy so we waited another 20 minutes before I stood up and changed back into my clothes. My husband got the prescription from Amy and went to the pharmacy in the same building to get the medication while I waited at vLif. After that Amy explained the medication and kindly helped me to call for a taxi.

I feel ok right now, other than the fact that I’m wide awake at 4 am. Hopefully I can fall asleep soon. I don’t feel pain but the compression garment is quite uncomfortable for my ears.
I also get a shock every time I look in the mirror cos the swelling is just insane! But it’s to be expected of course!
More updates to come!!

It’s been around 11 hours after my surgery at vLif! I will continue to update this thread during my recovery.

I’m a 38 year old asian female and the main issue I wanted to address was my double chin and jawline. I did double chin lipo in 2020 (in another country) but all it did was make my double chin smaller, I still did not have a defined jawline. So I decided to get a neck lift. And since I’m approaching 40, I thought I might as well get the mini lift (mid and lower) too.

When I whatsapped them months ago Bella responded very quickly and based on my photos they also recommended a zygoma fat graft as it was quite sunken. I also added on the undereye fat repositioning because whenever I smiled my eyebags were very asymmetrical.

Total cost was around 10.5M KRW after the discount. I agreed to write a review for the discount but I was not pressured at all to give positive reviews.

I arrived at the clinic at 9.30am. They took photos of my face and then got me to wash my face before meeting with Dr Lee. It was a quick consultation and they were happy to answer all my questions. I asked Dr Lee to put a little extra fat under my eyes so that I’d look younger :smile:

After that I entered the operating theatre and I was impressed by the setup! I’d done surgery in Bangkok before and it was nothing like this.
There were so many OR nurses and they were all working very quickly. You could tell everyone was highly experienced and it was a well oiled machine. There was a large screen on the wall showing my ‘before’ pictures. They also had some warm foot rests for my feet and made sure I was comfortable. Bella was with me in the OR to translate for the nurses.

Before I knew it I’d woken up from the surgery. They were wheeling me to my private room and someone was telling me please do not go back to sleep, cos if I fall asleep it will be harder to wake up later. I wonder if this is a thing for IV sedation? I was under general anesthesia in the past and they always let me sleep and wake up on my own. It was such a struggle cos I was so tired.

Somehow I managed to stay awake and after 30 minutes or so I tried to sit up on my own. I still felt a bit dizzy so I laid down again.

My throat was so dry and sore but when I asked for water they said I had to wait till I got back to my hotel as it could cause nausea.

After another 15 minutes I managed to sit up and use my phone. I still felt weak and slightly dizzy so we waited another 20 minutes before I stood up and changed back into my clothes. My husband got the prescription from Amy and went to the pharmacy in the same building to get the medication while I waited at vLif. After that Amy explained the medication and kindly helped me to call for a taxi.

I feel ok right now, other than the fact that I’m wide awake at 4 am. Hopefully I can fall asleep soon. I don’t feel pain but the compression garment is quite uncomfortable for my ears.
I also get a shock every time I look in the mirror cos the swelling is just insane! But it’s to be expected of course!
More updates to come!!
Hi @blush249, I am sorry you are having ‘insane’ swelling from your face and neck lift 11 hours ago at VLIf. It is absolutely crucial your surgeon should have considered prescribing prednisolone to stop immense swelling as this will only stretch the skin like tissue expanders stretch skin. It is good they gave you adequate strong painkillers and you are not in pain. What is their revision policy? Do they offer free retightening within a year? If the clinic does not offer postop steroids, then they have to be prepared for clients who may be unhappy after 6 months from skin laxity once the face and neck have completely deswelled. Swelling = sagging.