Face and lip primer? How important is each?

I do not use lip primer. However i sometimes put a lip balm when i am starting to do my makeup more for moisture. My lips have been dry for a while now. But i do use makeup primer for the face and eyeshadow primer for the eyes. Those seem to help me with my makeup staying longer.

I use the monistat as primer too! For the price, I doubt I'll ever go back to any of the other brands I had used before. As far as lip primer, I have one I use with my Laura Mercier lip stain. That's the only time I use it, as it's really more of a moisturizing lip balm.

I tried Smashbox and Laura Mercier primer and all it does is making my face greasy. I must be doing it wrong. Do you use face primer before or after moisturizer?

I only ever use face primer for powder make up, for liquid I actually think it mixes with the foundation and might make the performance worse when it's mixed rather than layered. for powder makeup (like mineral make up or compact foundation) it's great because more powder sticks to your face and the primer keeps it matte longer. I never use anything for my lips though

a primer is somehow important it makes the appearance of the lip gloss or the foundation smoother and flawless a primer is naturally unnoticeable and is color less or in the neutral shade, if you want the make up you put on to be more relaxed and smooth you should put a primer,..