Eyeshadow ....

lovecoach

Aug 24, 2006
I WOULD LIKE TO DO MY EYES LIKE I SEE ON T.V. THE SMOOTH LIGHT ALMOST SHINEY COLORS. IT ALWAYS LOOKS SO SMOOTH AND EVEN BUT I DON'T KNOW IF IT IS POWDER OR CREAM, WHAT DO MOST OF YOU USE?:s

Try doing pencil, and then going over it with an angle brush dipped in a dark eyeshadow. Dot it on your hand first to get rid of excess, then just follow your pencil line.

if you want to go for the light-ish look, what's important is to have a good base before applying ANY eyeshadow. make sure you apply using an eyeshadow brush as this will prevent any pigment (especially shiny ones) to fall onto your face. use CLEAN, DRY fingers to blend.

I love eyeshadow! For me, it starts with good preparation as I have translucent skin with veins that show through on my eyelids.

I prep my eyelids and upper brow area with the same foundation I use on my face and dust with loose powder. Then, I sweep off the loose powder with a brush.

After that, I mostly use Lorac shadows. they are creamy but dry to a powder finish and they have great neutrals from taupe to plum which are amazing and last all day. I bought some Mary Kay eyeshadow from a friend awhile back and i found their powdery shadows too powdery to stay on all day.

I love UD's Primer Potion! My eyemakeup will last all day and into the night with it. No creasing..dab it on, blend it in, it blends invisible, just make sure it dries and a little goes a long way.

I wonder if you are talking about what the "mineral people" call "foils."

This involves taking an eyeshadow with a very high mica concentration, either mineral or otherwise, a very glittery color, and instead of dusting a bit and blending for a subtle glimmer, applying it in a thick even layer, to make it look on your eyes as close as you can to how it looks in the package?

The way to do this will depend on the product. For some it will be better if you mix in a bit of water or water and glycerin, and make it a liquid that you paint on, and some you can just put it on thick, and keep doing that in the same area until you get the look, and if you want a clean "edge" then once you get done, very carefully clean anything outside the invisible "line" you have chosen with a series of moistened pointy Q-tips.

You will just have to experiment with the different products, but be aware that the look you see on someone else on TV or in a magazine that looks so great may look just awful on you!

But what you can do is create your own version of that look Inspired by what you liked on the model, but customized to enhance the beauty of YOUR eyes! :smile:

Twisted, hmmm i put mine on and let it sit to dry for a bit, then apply my shadow. i just put on a little bit and blend it. Maybe you are using to much? My daughter did this once. You shouldnt need to use another base after the primer potion.

Benefit makes a good primer--better than Urban Decay's, IMO. It's called F...Y...Eye! I love love love UD eyeshadows, though! My fave color is Asphyxia--I smudge a thin line of it under my eyes like eyeliner to make the green in my eyes pop.