Eyelash extensions - are they worth it???

Are getting eyelash extensions worth it?

• Yes, totally! Worth every penny!

• Nope, stick to falsies.

• Other - please say why!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I must chime in here and agree. I am tired of spending hours of my time driving and laying there for eyelashes. I let my extensions go a few months ago and was astonished to find that my natural lashes were damaged and almost gone. It’s been a few months now and I have worked hard to grow them back. Here is after extensions:
View attachment 4648230
And here is today with just a little mascara:
View attachment 4648229

Your lashes look great now! Did you make something to make them grow?

I am Asian and had very thin and short lashes from the beginning. I have had lash extensions for a few years now (last for 3-4 weeks - have a great lash artist - had to go through 5 different though - the lash artist makes such a difference!). I usually have the shortest ones with 9-10 mm because my natural lashes could not hold longer ones.
Now with the Corona situation I haven't had them done and now most have come off. I already had lost quite some lashes and the last artist already said I should pause a while to let them recover properly. So they started to grow back over the few weeks but are still really thin and crooked.

Any one have any tips to tend to their lashes? :smile: Any help appreciated! :heart:

I can highly recommend Lashify! They’re sort of a hybrid extension diy false lash. I’ve been using for about a year. I’ve put a picture of one of my first applications (top, nothing. Middle mascara. Bottom lashify). I’m way better now! They apply under your lashes and last up to 10 days. I usually wear for 4-6 days, depending on work/social events. When you’re fast, you can apply in about 10 mins. I love them and recommend for people who like extension look, but want flexibility and to be able to diy!

Attachments

• 1F65B657-28EF-4582-AA5A-6B7645DF6845.jpeg
    1F65B657-28EF-4582-AA5A-6B7645DF6845.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: kkfiregirl
I can highly recommend Lashify! They’re sort of a hybrid extension diy false lash. I’ve been using for about a year. I’ve put a picture of one of my first applications (top, nothing. Middle mascara. Bottom lashify). I’m way better now! They apply under your lashes and last up to 10 days. I usually wear for 4-6 days, depending on work/social events. When you’re fast, you can apply in about 10 mins. I love them and recommend for people who like extension look, but want flexibility and to be able to diy!

That sound interesting! Never heard of that system here in Europe.
Do the lashes fall off by themselves or do you always have to remove them (I saw there is a fluid for removement included in the sets? Do you loose a lot of the lashes, if they do fall off by themselves?
Do you get irritations from the bonding fluid?

They really look great on you - I love that it looks so natural!

I used to get extensions, the 3x ones. Be super picky who does it, I’ve had some BAD lashes :yucky: and some amazing ones.
They did however affect my natural lashes. They weren’t as thick full and long. It took about a year without them to go back to normal. I still to just mascara now - Lancôme Mr. Big is my favorite.

That sound interesting! Never heard of that system here in Europe.
Do the lashes fall off by themselves or do you always have to remove them (I saw there is a fluid for removement included in the sets? Do you loose a lot of the lashes, if they do fall off by themselves?
Do you get irritations from the bonding fluid?

They really look great on you - I love that it looks so natural!
It’s a US company but they ship all over. If you’re interested and on FB, join the Lashify Life group. There’s heaps of videos and stuff to watch about applications etc.

In terms of your questions: you have to remove them using either dual phase remover (the stuff you shake to combine) or can buy their Melt Away. Mine don’t fall off, I have to physically remove them. Sometimes by day 5-6 ( and if I’ve smashed them in my sleep) the corner might lift, but the lashes typically won’t fall off.

You buy what they call a control kit and it comes with bond (glue) and waterproofer, an application wand and two sets of lashes. You can buy all different lashes and amazing things separately on their website: www.lashify.com

I haven’t had any irritation at all and a lot of people (in the Lashify group on FB) say they transition from extensions to Lashify because of extension irritation.

lastly, my own lashes are not damaged and are in same condition as before. Some people said theirs grew because of the biotin in the bond (glue) but I haven’t noticed that.

All round 10/10 for Lashify from me!

Reactions: fettfleck
Your lashes look great now! Did you make something to make them grow?

I am Asian and had very thin and short lashes from the beginning. I have had lash extensions for a few years now (last for 3-4 weeks - have a great lash artist - had to go through 5 different though - the lash artist makes such a difference!). I usually have the shortest ones with 9-10 mm because my natural lashes could not hold longer ones.
Now with the Corona situation I haven't had them done and now most have come off. I already had lost quite some lashes and the last artist already said I should pause a while to let them recover properly. So they started to grow back over the few weeks but are still really thin and crooked.

Any one have any tips to tend to their lashes? :smile: Any help appreciated! :heart:
I have been using Grande Lash serum! It’s better than extensions because it takes only 2 seconds before I go to bed, and my lashes are in good condition, not thin, not being pulled out, no appointments, no membership fees, and no sticky stuff on my lashes.

I will not use Lashify for several reasons. First, the owner has been rude to many Youtubers and influencers, and even threatened lawsuits against one I follow because she uses only the glue and not the lashes. On the Facebook page, she bans people who mention any product other than hers. To have a really good product, one should not be afraid to allow discussion of other options. If yours is the best, people will naturally come to that conclusion. You don’t have to act as a dictator, ban people, speak ill of them, and threaten lawsuits. Also, I don’t even have time to try to apply and remove fake lashes a couple times a week. My Grande Lash is $30-50 (on sale) for a 3 month supply, and I am very happy with it.

It’s a US company but they ship all over. If you’re interested and on FB, join the Lashify Life group. There’s heaps of videos and stuff to watch about applications etc.

In terms of your questions: you have to remove them using either dual phase remover (the stuff you shake to combine) or can buy their Melt Away. Mine don’t fall off, I have to physically remove them. Sometimes by day 5-6 ( and if I’ve smashed them in my sleep) the corner might lift, but the lashes typically won’t fall off.

You buy what they call a control kit and it comes with bond (glue) and waterproofer, an application wand and two sets of lashes. You can buy all different lashes and amazing things separately on their website: www.lashify.com

I haven’t had any irritation at all and a lot of people (in the Lashify group on FB) say they transition from extensions to Lashify because of extension irritation.

lastly, my own lashes are not damaged and are in same condition as before. Some people said theirs grew because of the biotin in the bond (glue) but I haven’t noticed that.

All round 10/10 for Lashify from me!

I have been using Grande Lash serum! It’s better than extensions because it takes only 2 seconds before I go to bed, and my lashes are in good condition, not thin, not being pulled out, no appointments, no membership fees, and no sticky stuff on my lashes.

I will not use Lashify for several reasons. First, the owner has been rude to many Youtubers and influencers, and even threatened lawsuits against one I follow because she uses only the glue and not the lashes. On the Facebook page, she bans people who mention any product other than hers. To have a really good product, one should not be afraid to allow discussion of other options. If yours is the best, people will naturally come to that conclusion. You don’t have to act as a dictator, ban people, speak ill of them, and threaten lawsuits. Also, I don’t even have time to try to apply and remove fake lashes a couple times a week. My Grande Lash is $30-50 (on sale) for a 3 month supply, and I am very happy with it.

Thank you for both your experiences!

I have to probably let my lashes grow out first anyway... During that I will try to use growth serum first to let them recover from the extensions and then see how they will be looking like... But I will look into other techniques than lash extensions - the natural lashes really are damaged afterwards...

What is wrong with using fake eyelashes? The easiest, most drama free way to augment lashes...
limom, I tried fake lashes in the past, as well as for a few months after removing my extensions. I experimented with different lashes and glues, and never felt that they looked natural, they come off in certain situations, and I did not like dealing with the glue during application or after removal. Also, they are very time consuming and you don’t get to wake up already looking great. I leave my house at 5 am for work, so I have zero time to fiddle with lashes. I need to wake up and go, and also do not enjoy the occasional surprise of a loose lash.

Reactions: limom
I agree with gettinpurseonal.

I am quite handy, but it takes superlong to attach fake lashes until they look good. I have superthin and straight lashes which cannot support the hold of the fake lashes and placement has to be supercorrect otherwise it looks very weird and unnatural. They also still come off easily.
Then, at least a point for me, if you buy even natural looking fake lashes they are super super long. They look superfake when you have natural short lashes. My extensions were only 9-10mm for instance.

And the best thing about extensions: Standing up, washing your face, no mascara or eye makeup needed. THAT was the best. Good looking out of bed. :biggrin:

But unfortunately extensions really were not good to my natural lashes. They are really sparse and thin and even shorter now. Will let them recover first...

Hi everyone,

I wear false lashes everyday. . .and have gotten so used to putting them on every morning that I can take a shower, do my hair and get ready in 30 minutes in the morning if I'm in a pinch.

Now I'm considering trying eyelash extensions but not sure if they're worth it. They are pricey and I've read the pros (more natural, can wear less makeup) & cons (doesn't last long, touch-ups, are expensive) online.

So I wanted people who have experience to chime in on this matter. I've been debating jumping into the ring and forking up the $100s of dollars to get some extensions, but am scared that I'll be wasting my money and will go back to false lashes. How is the maintenance, care, etc. Any advice?

Thank you!

Hey

I've been getting eyelash extensions for years. They're really good. Barely wear any eye makeup. And its worth it. Fortunately, my friend does my lashes despite this covid19 lockdown LOL

limom, I tried fake lashes in the past, as well as for a few months after removing my extensions. I experimented with different lashes and glues, and never felt that they looked natural, they come off in certain situations, and I did not like dealing with the glue during application or after removal. Also, they are very time consuming and you don’t get to wake up already looking great. I leave my house at 5 am for work, so I have zero time to fiddle with lashes. I need to wake up and go, and also do not enjoy the occasional surprise of a loose lash.
I hear you about waking up looking great.
After a while, it took me 10 minutes to do my make up with fake lashes.
If I dont use fake lashes, the best way to maximize my lashes is one coat of bettter than sex mascara and two coats of diorshow regular mascara. If I will sweat (;)) I use diorshow waterproof...
Extensions really messes up with your natural lashes, imho.

I liked Grande Lash for a while and then it stopped working :sad:

I am not capable of applying my own fake lashes unfortunately! My girlfriend can do it without a mirror! Carries glue everywhere she goes lol

I heard great things about Grande Lash but it irritated my eyes on the first use and they became so red! I had to return it.

Falsies don't look natural on me, I think my upper lid is too heavy and pushes them down. I'd probably have better luck with the tuft sections (as opposed to the full strip lashes) but let's be honest... I'm lazy.

I heard great things about Grande Lash but it irritated my eyes on the first use and they became so red! I had to return it.

Falsies don't look natural on me, I think my upper lid is too heavy and pushes them down. I'd probably have better luck with the tuft sections (as opposed to the full strip lashes) but let's be honest... I'm lazy.
Yes, it did irritate my eyes a little at first. Especially if you get it into your eye. But after a couple days, I don't notice it. I have been using Grande Lash for about 7 months, and it is still working. Perhaps over time we just get used to the length of our lashes and feel like it isn't working any more? Similarly, I never felt like my extensions were long enough, yet when I look back at my photos, yikes! They were TOO long!!