Eye makeup for (very) dry eyes

e_nmn_m

O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
I have a medical condition called dry eye. Normally, it doesn't bother me, as my contact lenses keep sufficient moisture in my eyes for me to be just fine.

I also have oily eyelids. In order to keep my eyeshadow from melting off, I dust my lids with face powder. It seems to work.

In my recent experiments at various beauty counters, all of the artists have "primed" my eyelids with both clear and tinted liquid. (I really liked the color at the Laura Mercier counter.) However, within 30 minutes or so, I noticed that my eyelids seemed "tight" and boy, were my eyes dry. And they hurt.

Of course, this could be my imagination, but has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have suggestions for an eye primer if the liquids really aren't compatible? I don't have allergies or sensitive eyes....that is, I've never had a problem with any kind of powder eyeshadow or mascara.

Thanks.

I have a medical condition called dry eye. Normally, it doesn't bother me, as my contact lenses keep sufficient moisture in my eyes for me to be just fine.

I also have oily eyelids. In order to keep my eyeshadow from melting off, I dust my lids with face powder. It seems to work.

In my recent experiments at various beauty counters, all of the artists have "primed" my eyelids with both clear and tinted liquid. (I really liked the color at the Laura Mercier counter.) However, within 30 minutes or so, I noticed that my eyelids seemed "tight" and boy, were my eyes dry. And they hurt.

Of course, this could be my imagination, but has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have suggestions for an eye primer if the liquids really aren't compatible? I don't have allergies or sensitive eyes....that is, I've never had a problem with any kind of powder eyeshadow or mascara.

Thanks.

Sounds like an allergic reaction to me. Have you used eye shadow in the past?

No, never use eye cream because my lids are oily. How can I tell the difference between an oily lid and a moist one?

I have used eyeshadow, liner, and mascara for years...and no problems of any kind. But only powder and pencil. That's why I was wondering if perhaps it was the liquid base that was giving me problems.