Eye Makeup Essentials?

thanks for all of the responses girls! i have all the basics like a primer and curler and stuff and I just bought a big pallete from sephora so hopefully that will help :smile:

Hi ladies everyone seems to recommend an eye primer. I prime my face and lid with Nars primer, then apply foundation all over my face and lid.
Do you use an eye primer on top of those?
After primer and foundation, I usually just apply my eye makeup. It sounds like too much to add another layer of primer. Thoughts?
I guess I'm pretty happy with my eye makeup staying power so I never considered adding more primer.

I use eye primer on my lids and a different primer on my face... if what you are using seems to work then there isn't really need to change? But I don't layer face AND eye primer on my lids.

I would definately say to not skimp on primer, it is the most important thing in an eye look. Lots of 'drugstore' mascaras are just as good, if not better than high end mascaras for instance rimmel sexy curves mascara (not the waterproof) is AMAZING. I prefer UDPP rather than TFSI so I would suggest that, paint pots by MAC are also good primers but I prefer UDPP because it is thinner and translucent.

For shadows I would say to invest in your everyday look, the one that no matter how you feel that day, always makes you look good. For me that is Sellout by UD on the lid and YDK by UD in the crease, and its the simplest look ever. I would suggest maybe purchasing an UD BOOK OF SHADOWS because they contain neutral to bright looks for a resonable price.

For brushes I would suggest as many others have, three MAC brushes, the 217, 224 and 239.

For liner decide which colour is best for you for everyday (black/brown). I prefer UD 24/7 eyeliner in Bourbon.

I know I have suggested a LOT of UD products but they are really fantastic quality and work for me, hope this helps.