Extreme Cheapskates

AlovesJ

O.G.
Aug 2, 2008
Has anyone watched it on TLC? It's not new, but the info bar is missing the airing date.

This woman's husband reused a get well card as an anniversary card, then he got her present out of the trash. Her only request for a present was that he not ask for people's leftovers at dinner. These people don't seem poor, just extremely CHEAP. haha

I just DVRd this a few days ago and watched it last night. OMG, that first guy...he picked up rice grains leftover on the ground from a wedding so he could eat it later. :shocked: And then he said 'brown rice', to which the wife informed him it was white rice (dirtied from people stepping on it). :yucky:

God, and he went dumpster diving for his 20th? 25th? wedding anniversary gift?! :wtf: A discarded tea kettle and dead pink roses? :lecture:

OMG, and that lady who creates and REuses cloth toilet paper? :faint:

If a member of my family was going to be like the people on the show, I'd rather they be like the guy who bartered for everything.

(Or even the guy who does a fiscal fast for one week. . . . . except I would not eat a goat head.)

And I'd prefer buying toilet paper, but I don't see much wrong with the cloth toilet paper family. People use cloth diapers.

They showed new episodes last night.

Hiding finances is not okay. It shouldn't be like you feel like you're putting one over on family members. (And if I were his wife, I'd be fighting to get control of my own paycheck back.)

I said this in the Extreme Couponing thread: People have different methods of saving money. Some people, like my family, try to buy store brands of things (living at home, I rarely if ever saw the green rooster on the Corn Flakes box or the Quaker guy on the oatmeal container). We also kept an eye on sales and used a store card for extra savings.

Others turn to extreme couponing.

And others, like the people on this show, try to find ways to avoid spending money at all costs (no pun intended).

I recently saw an episode and I'm shocked disgusted and amazed all at once. Some people are trying hard to save a dollar lol. I saw a guy go dumpster diving for an anniversary gift for his wife. If a guy did that for me we will be done, I rather get nothing and a poem from the heart then a gift from the trash