Explorations in vintage Dooney & Bourke

I take photos for fun, and in photo forums we often do a 'pic of the day'. Also, I like to do documentary photography, in which we document changes of things over time. In this case, we'll see a change in the pocketbook. lol.

I'm going to add to this thread, by taking a photo of my wife, at the same place (NYC, Central Park, Gastrow Bridge), around the same time every day that it is practical (early morning on the way to work). With a different D&B find, of course.

Hope you enjoy!

[for some reason flikr is not cooperating today so the pix are attached]

First is a nice medium Cavalry bag...

Then another simply gorgeous top handle Essex in white. They seem to have made this bag in two sizes, only a half inch apart in length.

And last is the bigger top handle Essex. Such a lovely bag, we scored this as a NWT. Holds a pair of shoes and all kinds of stuff!

Attachments

• db05182013-2.jpg
    db05182013-2.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 331
  • db05182013.jpg
    db05182013.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 332
  • db05182013-3.jpg
    db05182013-3.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 335
I take photos for fun, and in photo forums we often do a 'pic of the day'. Also, I like to do documentary photography, in which we document changes of things over time. In this case, we'll see a change in the pocketbook. lol.

I'm going to add to this thread, by taking a photo of my wife, at the same place (NYC, Central Park, Gastrow Bridge), around the same time every day that it is practical (early morning on the way to work). With a different D&B find, of course.

Hope you enjoy!

Another beautiful example of my favorite Tetons, in a nice Fir Green.

The second one is an interesting find. It appears to be a very early D&B, earlier than anything I've seen. Maybe a transition from them doing belts to doing bags. It has the right hang tag and internal stamp. A real museum piece, just in time for fall :smile:

Attachments

• 09122012.jpg
    09122012.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 09122012-2.jpg
    09122012-2.jpg
    696.5 KB · Views: 232