Exotic offers

chainedancre

Nov 20, 2019
I have been a loyal customer at my local store for several years now and have a number of BKC. Just wondering if exotic BKC offers are more hard to get than ones in other leather? Would the spend ratio to be offered one be higher than normal (compared to regular leathers)? Or would they be happier to offer exotics (croc, ostrich, etc) upon your request more than regular leathers, since more people (I say this loosely as Im not sure) want regular leather than exotics...? ANY insight would be very helpful! Thank you in advance!!

Reactions: Culoucou
Same as QF - IMO exotics are "easier" because there is generally less demand and therefore less "competition". If you express your interest in exotics, I'm sure your SA would let you know about possible offers. Along the same reasoning I think the spend ratio tends to be lower. This doesn't mean the absolute amount is lower, as you can imagine, since say exotics are 3x regular leather price, even if you spend only 0.5 to 1 for exotics, that 0.5 is still 1.5x regular leather (I hope that made sense). Also, if you are in a very competitive store & are after the more popular specs, I would still be patient if you can't get it very easily. I think I know where you shop at based on previous posts, and I have friends there who say even exotics require a 1:1 spend (while I know it's lower than that in the places I've been to in the U.S.).

In my experience, in US stores, exotics are much easier to get, especially in larger sizes. I’ve seen exotic B35s and C24s in the display case for anyone to buy more than once near the end of the month and have had my SA offer to allow me a third quota bag for the year in order to take an exotic off their hands. I think the smaller exotics are still somewhat difficult but no more so than a small non exotic. I haven’t found that 1:1 is applicable for exotic offers at all, more just being a “known face” in the store.

Ah I want to add that my friend's 1:1 was for her first offer. Already being a long term client (like you said you are) would probably help in making it easier.

Reactions: Culoucou
I would agree with the assessment here. I have been told a few times that if I am interested in another exotic to let the store know and they could make it happen and the store is always keen to discuss exotic colours with me. The market for an exotic is much smaller because of the price point, but there are fewer number of exotics available compared to regular leather.

I was recently offered a b30 alligator noir but turned it down because I truly only want bags I know I will use and love and although it was such an honor I know I won’t ever use an exotic. And what’s crazy is prior to that offer ive never been offered a B before! I did leave with C24 though