Exchanged my classic flap only to find another problem

liloleme

Jul 11, 2007
I'm hoping to get your ladies' insight on this matter since this is my first Chanel purchase. I recently bought the M/L classic flap from the Beverly Hills Chanel boutique, and upon closer inspection at home, I found the lock to be a bit askew. I went back in to exchange it for another bag. This time the lock is nice and straight, but I found a thread hanging out and a light 2 inch scratch. :-s I still have 10 days left to exchange or return it. Before I go in, I wanted to ask if there are any other things that I should be wary of that maybe some of you have experienced in terms of defects and quality control. Hopefully the third time is the charm. Thank you in advance! :smile:

I tried to exchange my bag after the first time and wasn't allowed to. Be wary of this, apparently you can only exchange once but it's not mentioned ANYWHERE. Hopefully you get a nice SA though :smile:

If you are allowed to, try and look at the diamonds to make sure they're even, if you're OCD like me check that you like the way 'CHANEL PARIS' is written on the button and make sure the chain is all even..mine's twisted a bit :S

i always check carefully (i mean EVERY INNER CORNER) of every chanel bag I purchase because I found horrible flaws for my first and second bag, the second one even had unfinished lining. they should really be more serious about making bags, these babies are not cheap. but since they are not careful enough of making bags, i will take responsibility for bags i buy.

If lamb try rubbing out scratch with your finger. Not sure what you mean by thread hanging out either but maybe overlookable if figure out scratch thing. Or return if you can.... Never heard of only one exchange. Even though makes sense for a lot if reasons! Gl!

Oh no... that's the worst feeling! Check the ties on the sides (when you open the flap, you'll see a "big stitch" that ties the side of the bag to the flap on the inside, to help it keep its folded envelopey shape) - I'm pretty sure that is always the first thing to come loose, so you want to make sure it is tight to start with. Chanel will re-tie/sew it for free (I think only during the first year) but you do lose your bag for some big chunk of time while they do it, in Singapore they told me it would take 4-6 weeks.

UGH!!! More quality issues!:tdown: THey say 'three's a charm' though...!!! G/L w/ your next exchange and keep us posted!

I know. It is totally ridiculous. I don't feel compelled to buy any of the current classics or seasonal bags for exactly this reason. I'm going vintage until the quality control is better. :-s