Exchange for guilloche bracelet or wait for Frivole small earrings?

I told SA about the store credit. She said she couldn't answer this directly. She could only answer about the exchange. I asked her to hand this case to the manager. She said the manager already promised to give exchange.

I feel that I need to find a way to get store credit.

Any suggestions?

I would just directly tell her that the guilloche bracelet was not really on your wishlist and that you prefer a credit so that you can wait for an item you really want. They cannot force an exchange. The only thing that I can think of is that the SA is desperate to make a sale since they have so little to sell this holiday season. That is terribly wrong of her to force you into a sale, and I wouldn't go along with that. You can return for a credit, and as far as I know, you can use that credit at another VCA boutique.

I would just directly tell her that the guilloche bracelet was not really on your wishlist and that you prefer a credit so that you can wait for an item you really want. They cannot force an exchange. The only thing that I can think of is that the SA is desperate to make a sale since they have so little to sell this holiday season. That is terribly wrong of her to force you into a sale, and I wouldn't go along with that. You can return for a credit, and as far as I know, you can use that credit at another VCA boutique.
Thank you so much for the suggestion. I told her that Frivole earrings are on my wish list and I think this is not helping. After telling her about this, she said she needs to see if they're in stock and only offer bracelet to me, to my surprise, they have two 5 motif carnelian and two guilloche bracelets . I feel that to push more sales, she is kinda forcing me to get something that's not on my wish list.

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I told her that Frivole earrings are on my wish list and I think this is not helping. After telling her about this, she said she needs to see if they're in stock and only offer bracelet to me, to my surprise, they have two 5 motif carnelian and two guilloche bracelets . I feel that to push more sales, she is kinda forcing me to get something that's not on my wish list.

That must be the case, but in no way are you obligated to buy anything now. You can use your credit a year from now if you want. But if you really want carnelian, you could take a look at the other carnelian bracelet to see if it is better than the other one.

My boutique receipts say return within 30 days for exchange or merchandise credit only. She definitely can get a credit if they have nothing she wants now.
Here is the tricky part. The bracelet was left at the boutique for resize but then I changed my mind. She was able to stop the process of resizing. But I am not able to go get it and go to another store for exchange or refund. It's part of my fault. I waited for a year to get another piece from vca because I consider my birthday a special occasion. That's why I was in a hurry. I just didn't want to go home empty-handed because I was waiting for the bracelet of another stone I like but somehow not able to get the pattern I like hence the rushing of buying this carnelian bracelet. And looking back, the bracelet is not made like 10years before and it lacks solidness. So I changed my mind and want only one 5 motif bracelet with my favourite stone. I think one 5 motif is enough for me.

Here is the tricky part. The bracelet was left at the boutique for resize but then I changed my mind. She was able to stop the process of resizing. But I am not able to go get it and go to another store for exchange or refund. It's part of my fault. I waited for a year to get another piece from vca because I consider my birthday a special occasion. That's why I was in a hurry. I just didn't want to go home empty-handed because I was waiting for the bracelet of another stone I like but somehow not able to get the pattern I like hence the rushing of buying this carnelian bracelet. And looking back, the bracelet is not made like 10years before and it lacks solidness. So I changed my mind and want only one 5 motif bracelet with my favourite stone. I think one 5 motif is enough for me.

Are you past the 30 days for a return? I understand your wanting a birthday gift and then changing your mind. There are many reasons we may change our mind and want an exchange or store credit and that is why they have a return policy, thankfully! Why would you have to go get it? Was it bought at a different boutique? Are they saying you can't return it at this boutique because you didn't buy it there? They should be able to ship it to the original boutique if that's the problem. The only reason there would be a problem is if it has been over 30 days since the purchase.

Are you past the 30 days for a return? I understand your wanting a birthday gift and then changing your mind. There are many reasons we may change our mind and want an exchange or store credit and that is why they have a return policy, thankfully! Why would you have to go get it? Was it bought at a different boutique? Are they saying you can't return it at this boutique because you didn't buy it there? They should be able to ship it to the original boutique if that's the problem. The only reason there would be a problem is if it has been over 30 days since the purchase.
I bought it on 21 November 2021.
I have lots of time but the SA is dragging the whole thing.

I just called another boutique and guess what, I was told some false information by SA who sold me the carnelian bracelet. Items I asked for were in stock but I have been told that they need to keep an eye on it later. She said right now, we have the bracelet reserved for you. So there, my intuition was on point, they are forcing me to accept what I don't want then later sell me the earrings.

Honestly i would be considering a charge back on your credit card at this point.
After calling another boutique, suddenly the original SA told me they have them in stock. I hope vca lovers can read this so as to be careful when they are told certain things by any SA.

I don't know why SA worry that when clients complete their wish list, clients get nothing more to buy. I think it's the opposite, they can also consider the diamond pieces after buying their favourite daily jewelry.

I don't know if I should do this. I was very picky about a particular stone in the past few months. And I rejected two pieces from two different SAs, one of them no longer replied my message. Another one was not keen to help me find one.

That's why I am sensing the change. VCA is learning from Hermes and Chanel.
I hope everything works out for you, which I am sure it will. I have found VCA to be very helpful and try to accommodate. After reading this post, a few thoughts if I may...

My gut feel is the SA does not value you as a client. She says there are no more bracelets, yet you found some.
If I were you, I would insist on a store credit and get that first. Close out this transaction and the SA.
Once you have your store credit, go to the other store and buy from that SA who told you there are two bracelets. She may be the SA that you can build a relationship with and stick with. You may even decide to get the Frivole earrings instead of the bracelet. I would skip the guilloche. You said in your post you found it old-fashioned, so definitely skip. I am not a fan of guilloche either.

First and foremost though, get your store credit and close out this transaction with the current SA who does not want your business. You need that credit, then you are free to do whatever you want.

Thank you for the support and your suggestions everyone. This forum is so useful. Whenever consumers have encountered some problems, you guys always are ready to help.

All the items are on the way to the boutique for me to try on. Yes, vca's customer service is good. I am also trying to understand why the SA is like this. I mentioned 3 styles- carnelian 5 motif, guilloche 5 motif and Frivole polished earrings small. She found the first two but not the Frivole earrings. I told her that Frivole is on my wishlist and then her tone changed from friendly to upset. She hinted something like if I don't exchange from Alhambra to Alhambra, that might damage the brand's image. I don't know why. I only told her that the air gap really made me have second thoughts. I think we are also allowed to change our mind on the styles of items? Jumping from one collection to another?

There might be two reasons for this. She wanted to maximize the commission by forcing me to buy something not on my wishlist as I will keep chasing my items on my wishlist. Second reason is that items are not allowed to be transferred from one boutique to another during festive season. She worry that when she asked the other boutique which has the Frivole earrings, the commission will go from her to another boutique. I think this case got resolved because the manager of the boutique I called allowed her to have the commission. I met that manager in the store last year. He said vca is a family. You don't want to create fight in the family. Somehow I have never had a chance to purchase from them. And this boutique helped me twice. I do feel that I need to purchase a diamond piece from this boutique. But because it's a bit far from my home, I always tend to go to another boutique. I must make a promise to myself to purchase most of my coming items from this boutique with a kind manager.

As for changing SA, maybe next time. This SA did spend a long time talking to me. I had a nice chat with her. Maybe during the chat, she got to find out my purchasing habit as I told her that I am not a shopperholic who keeps buying without thinking. Now I think back, she did say 'oh, you will'.