Excessive shipping charge

Regarding their lack of response, do they have anything else currently listed? If not they might not be monitoring their eBay e-mail account as actively as they should. New sellers might not think to check it, and they might have created a separate one for selling. Have you already shared their freedback number?

While some of us LIVE on the internet and check e-mails constantly, we run into many who are not wired the same way. I now monitor over 10 e-mail accounts but I have a compulsion to know what is happening in current time.

They should stay active until their product is safely at its destination but many are ‘self-taught’ when selling on eBay and if they are not business people, they often do not think the same. Part of my eBay class for selling discusses good business practices, policies and ethics. (For those concerned, I do not teach my classes by this name, so I am not promoting)

We often have buyers the same way. They are not regulars, buy something and then go on vacation or only buy from office computers so they are not on it for a few days. We have had them fail to pay for weeks. Yes, we are more tolerant than some, but that is the way we do business.

I realize I answered much more than this topic, but I guess that is the educator and salesman in me. My apologies if I got too long-winded.

^^ He has nothing else currently listed, has a 122 feedback as a seller and hasn't left feedback for anyone since aug 20th.

Could be a million reasons to why he hasn't answered yet, I have
heard rumors about people having lives outside of ebay and the internet
:P but how they can survive without checking there email at least once an hour is beyonde me.

Last edited:
122 feedback from selling is plenty enough to know how things work. Unless they or their family had a medical emergency, they should be responding.

I had a customer die in between buying and paying, but a friend sent me a note. Even she knew that communication is extremely important and wanted to extend common courtesy to me. I sure am glad I approached this in a friendly manner.

Finally recived a message from the seller:

"if your not happy with the cost then you should of ask for a int'l shipping cost."

:pout: That was it, no understanding or suggestions to solve the problem.
This guy is not inexperienced or anything like that.
He's just an ass, if I'm allowed to say so.

^ Well, you'd better pay the £40, or you'll get a neg...

...oh no, but you won't, though, will you?! :nuts: :lol:

If you've already informed this ass of the existence of the oh-so-exclusive Royal Mail and their little-known (yeah, right!) International Signed-For service and he's still not interested; I think that's your cue to tell him, very politely, where to go! :biggrin:

^ the last line in my message to him was
"I'll happily pay for having it sent by royal mail airmail international signed for witch should cost airmail rate + £3,70 + packaging costs"

So he is well informed about this little miracle of a shipping option.

I have tried being polite and patiencent, but now .. :nogood:

I consider this a lost deal, but I'm stil going to send him a polite reply just to see his response.

In the end I guess I must hope he agrees to cancel, instead of giving me NPB strike, cause I'm not paying.

It's been 4 days since I sent a message to this seller, and still no reply.
So I just sent him another message about canceling the transaction.

I checked goofbay and found that he bought this cushion from another seller on ebay, only he paid £16 for it.
So no wonder he won't sell it to me for £6 :nogood:

^ If he gave me a NPB strike, I wouldn't rest until I'd not only had it removed, but also had him punished for shipping fee scalping! :nogood:

If he dosen't agree to cancel and files a NPB I'm hopeing you have some advice for me, cause' I'm totally clueless.

I was on ebay today and saw a listing for a $50 coin purse with $35 shipping. I have no problem with paying for tracking/packaging/gas etc. but it's a coin purse! It's not big! And it's flat! Where is this shipping money being spent? WTF.

It's been 4 days since I sent a message to this seller, and still no reply.
So I just sent him another message about canceling the transaction.

I checked goofbay and found that he bought this cushion from another seller on ebay, only he paid £16 for it.
So no wonder he won't sell it to me for £6 :nogood:

If he dosen't agree to cancel and files a NPB I'm hopeing you have some advice for me, cause' I'm totally clueless.

Oh, I see, makes sense. :yes:

In which case, would you have paid £16, too (had that been the end price) and is that the normal going rate for a cushion of this type, do you think?

It sounds as though he's definitely trying to recoup his money from the shipping fee, but I believe that's not allowed (although, I do have some sympathy with him, if he paid the going rate and then could only sell for less than half what he paid).

Last edited:
The seller finally sent me a request to cancel :amazed:
I was so sure my next thread would be "confessions of a non paying bidder".

Oh, I see, makes sense. :yes:

In which case, would you have paid £16, too (had that been the end price) and is that the normal going rate for a cushion of this type, do you think?

It sounds as though he's definitely trying to recoup his money from the shipping fee, but I believe that's not allowed (although, I do have some sympathy with him, if he paid the going rate and then could only sell for less than half what he paid).

Sorry for the late reply.

No I wouldn't have paid £16 + shipping as he did, £16 including shipping would have been o.k.

Retail is £22, and the going rate on ebay is £10-£15.

Now I can finally start looking for a new one :biggrin: