Everyday/uni bag Is neverfull a good choice?

an.clark

Feb 8, 2017
Of course NF is an amazing versatile everyday bag for work/uni/school, BUT I don't tend to carry lots of stuff to my uni, usually it's 1-2 textbooks, water bottle, some makeup and stuff. That's why I'm thinking that it just can be too big for me. Also it's open and I use public transport everyday and it tends to rain/snow in my place. I was thinking about Speedy B25, but its very similar in size to my Alma BB and also the same print DE. So yeah, i don't really now. Do you think maybe I should look at different brands? Because I was considering some other bags like Prada lux tote, Valentino My rockstud or even Gucci backpack.

The Speedy B 25 holds WAAAAYYYY MORE than the Alma BB. I have both and they're worlds apart.
However, the Speedy B 25 won't hold regular-sized textbooks.
I used to wear my NF to uni and it was awesome. I also took public transportation. I put my wallet and keys inside the zipped pocket, my phone inside the detachable pouch that comes with the NF, and I attached my mini pochettes to the D-ring. Sometimes I just tossed a scarf of light cardigan over everything. I felt very secure this way.

Reactions: onlyk
The Speedy B 25 holds WAAAAYYYY MORE than the Alma BB. I have both and they're worlds apart.
However, the Speedy B 25 won't hold regular-sized textbooks.
I used to wear my NF to uni and it was awesome. I also took public transportation. I put my wallet and keys inside the zipped pocket, my phone inside the detachable pouch that comes with the NF, and I attached my mini pochettes to the D-ring. Sometimes I just tossed a scarf of light cardigan over everything. I felt very secure this way.

yeh size 25 won't hold reqular textbooks, I would get speedy B 30 but i already have classic speedy 30 in mono (love mono but its raining all the time). I was thinking about putting everything in pocket and pochette but still I'm confused. I used to have huge tote without zipper for my school but i didn't use public transport back then and the only one thing i hated is when it was raining or snowing.

Of course NF is an amazing versatile everyday bag for work/uni/school, BUT I don't tend to carry lots of stuff to my uni, usually it's 1-2 textbooks, water bottle, some makeup and stuff. That's why I'm thinking that it just can be too big for me. Also it's open and I use public transport everyday and it tends to rain/snow in my place. I was thinking about Speedy B25, but its very similar in size to my Alma BB and also the same print DE. So yeah, i don't really now. Do you think maybe I should look at different brands? Because I was considering some other bags like Prada lux tote, Valentino My rockstud or even Gucci backpack.

I have a Neverfull MM and use it for uni :smile: so i say go for it!

For a work/school bag, I'd prefer a zipper. If you are looking for something outside the LV universe, an Hermes Herbag is a great choice. Also, Balenciaga City or Work bags are fantastic for carrying a lot...and another plus is that they are incredibly lightweight.

Neverfull is a great bag and there are zippered organizers available for added security. Although I am not sure if the organizers will fit your books in order to keep them dry in case of rain.

For a work/school bag, I'd prefer a zipper. If you are looking for something outside the LV universe, an Hermes Herbag is a great choice. Also, Balenciaga City or Work bags are fantastic for carrying a lot...and another plus is that they are incredibly lightweight.

i really like Herbag but it isn't my budget ( also i was thinking about Bal City

Love NFs, the only downside of it is tooooooooo many people wearing it, I see them like 10 of them every time if I go places such as mall or restaurants, and 3, 4 of them even if go grocery shopping.

I eneded up only worn my brand new NF like 2 times since I bought it a few months ago :sad:

I'm contemplating giving it to my relative or selling it, but it's so brand new, seems wasteful to sell it.

That being said, NF is still the best Tote bag in my opinion :smile:

Last edited:
Love NFs, the only downside of it is tooooooooo many people wearing it, I see them like 10 of them every time if I go places such as mall or restaurants, and 3, 4 of them even if go grocery shopping.

I eneded up only worn my brand new NF like 2 times since I bought it a few months ago :sad:

I'm contemplating giving it to my relative or selling it, but it's so brand new, seems wasteful to sell it.

That being said, NF is still the best Tote bag in my opinion :smile:
If you love the bag, just wear her! In my opinion, it doesn’t matter if 100 other people have it. It’s how you feel towards the bag that counts. Selling a bag that you love because many other people have it seems to be such a waste to me!
Just my two cents. ❤️

Personally I don’t like the Neverfull for carrying heavy items like textbooks and laptop, the straps dig into my shoulder too much. For uni I use a Longchamp pliage, it has thicker straps and a zipper so it’s way more comfortable. I highly recommend it but if you’re dead set on designer then maybe have a look at other totes from LV or get the speedy since it’s more versatile (I’m not sure which size would fit textbooks though).

i really like Herbag but it isn't my budget ( also i was thinking about Bal City

I'm in Uni too and I use my Bal City everyday. Super functional! But I don't carry textbooks. I think a neverfull MM is a great choice though. You'll have plenty of room for extra stuff too but I think it is a lightweight and very convenient bag to use. A LOT of folks in my school have neverfulls. You can also get a Speedy B30.

Have you considered the Proenza Schouler PS1 bag? I use that often for school too and it is a good bag to stay organized and fits a ton, especially the large size.

Reactions: Sonmi999
Neverfull is a great bag, but if you feel that you might not be comfortable with an open bag then IMO it’s not worth the risk. I’ve bought mine a while back, when I was driving to work with my car and it was really great then. In the meantime, I’ve changed my job. My current office is located in the city center, so now, I use public transportation every day. I’ve stopped using the bag, because I don’t feel comfortable carrying it anymore. I’m considering a top zip bag organizer, but if that doesn’t work, I might sell it.

Have you considered Iena? It’s similar in size and has the zipper. From non-LV I can also highly recommend Le Pliage - simple, classic, lightweight, comfortable and has a zipper.

With the Speedy: IMO Speedy B25 is the best bag of all time, but I’m pretty sure it won’t hold textbooks, so it doesn’t seem to really fill your needs right now ;)

Personally I don’t like the Neverfull for carrying heavy items like textbooks and laptop, the straps dig into my shoulder too much. For uni I use a Longchamp pliage, it has thicker straps and a zipper so it’s way more comfortable. I highly recommend it but if you’re dead set on designer then maybe have a look at other totes from LV or get the speedy since it’s more versatile (I’m not sure which size would fit textbooks though).
Totally Agree about he straps, they dig in badly. My speedy 30 did the job back in my uni days, but I guess it still depends on how big your text books are? I managed to lay my text books flat at the bottom of my speedy, hope this helps!

The Herbag is one of the most impractical bags I have ever owned and I don't recommend it to anyone. I let go of mine because while it is nice to look at, the closure drove me nuts.
Have you checked the Palm Springs backpack? It is functional, and low maintenance. You just throw stuff in and the zippers keep the contents secure.