Everyday crossbody bag - Hermes Evelyne or Chanel 19?

Chanel 19 or Hermes Evelyne?

• Chanel 19

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Hermes Evelyne

Votes: 79 66.9%

• Total voters
Jun 22, 2008
Hey guys - if you could get just ONE crossbody bag for everyday use this summer, what would you get? An Hermes Evelyne or a Chanel 19? Let’s consider the functionality, design/aesthetic, how much it can store, etc.

I’m thinking of getting either a gold or beige de weimar Evelyne 33 or a beige or caramel 19 (lol i know, good luck to me finding a caramel!).

Let me know your thoughts!

2D7DCB33-5F7D-4216-BFE1-25F1451523E5.jpegCAFE27F2-6232-4E93-B50D-0778BF1C0295.jpeg7E6D5094-2E87-4EBC-9B35-9D744E32238C.jpeg

How casual is your lifestyle? The Chanel 19 is more formal and trendy in my view.
Casual in the sense that I’ll use the bag mainly for running errands but at the same time I still want to look sorta chic.

I agree, 19 is a little too trendy but it does store a lot and is a pretty decent crossbody bag.

Hey guys - if you could get just ONE crossbody bag for everyday use this summer, what would you get? An Hermes Evelyne or a Chanel 19? Let’s consider the functionality, design/aesthetic, how much it can store, etc.

I’m thinking of getting either a gold or beige de weimar Evelyne 33 or a beige or caramel 19 (lol i know, good luck to me finding a caramel!).

View attachment 4989008View attachment 4989009View attachment 4989010
SUCH different styles!
I'll start off by saying I'll be VERY surprised if you can get the 19 bag in the Caramel.
secondly they are such vastly different styles of bags that it totally depends on your personal style.
To me the Chanel is instantly dressier and to my eyes more bling!
If you're more into a bag you can just throw around and is less of a statement I'd choose the Evie in gold in the size you mention its more of a casual bag and I would wear it every day.
The Chanel is lambskin and therefore more delicate especially in a pale colour and the chain strap as opposed to the canvas of the Evie makes it more of a 'dressy' statement bag to my eyes anyway.
Also one is open top the other has a flap, functionality for daily use? the Evelyne hands down because of the leather and simplicity of the design.
My PERSONAL preference is the Evelyne but then this IS the Hermes forum so you would probably get a totally different response if you posted the same question in the Chanel forum.

I resisted the Evelyne for a while...for whatever reason. I purchased a gorgeous Rouge de Coeur 29 from Fashionphile last January and fell in love. Bought a Noir w/ GHW (GORGEOUS!) from H.com in November. It is the best crossbody bag. Functional, easy to carry, holds a ton. I love the thick canvas strap because it feels so substantial.

Cannot recommend the Evelyne enough for everyday!

I resisted the Evelyne for a while...for whatever reason. I purchased a gorgeous Rouge de Coeur 29 from Fashionphile last January and fell in love. Bought a Noir w/ GHW (GORGEOUS!) from H.com in November. It is the best crossbody bag. Functional, easy to carry, holds a ton. I love the thick canvas strap because it feels so substantial.

Cannot recommend the Evelyne enough for everyday!
Evelyne all the way!!! It's my fav everyday bag! I think the Chanel is a bit more formal.
I wear my mini evelyne for everything, mostly dog walking lol
SUCH different styles!
I'll start off by saying I'll be VERY surprised if you can get the 19 bag in the Caramel.
secondly they are such vastly different styles of bags that it totally depends on your personal style.
To me the Chanel is instantly dressier and to my eyes more bling!
If you're more into a bag you can just throw around and is less of a statement I'd choose the Evie in gold in the size you mention its more of a casual bag and I would wear it every day.
The Chanel is lambskin and therefore more delicate especially in a pale colour and the chain strap as opposed to the canvas of the Evie makes it more of a 'dressy' statement bag to my eyes anyway.
Also one is open top the other has a flap, functionality for daily use? the Evelyne hands down because of the leather and simplicity of the design.
My PERSONAL preference is the Evelyne but then this IS the Hermes forum so you would probably get a totally different response if you posted the same question in the Chanel forum.
Definitely Evelyn, though I prefer 29. You won’t have to baby it all. Plus the wider strap is more comfortable when worn longer than 15 min.
Thanks everyone!

For those with an Evelyne, do you use a bag insert? I feel like I should get an insert (same color as the bag) to make the perforations less noticeable and to give the bag more structure.

Reactions: maisroma
Thanks everyone!

For those with an Evelyne, do you use a bag insert? I feel like I should get an insert (same color as the bag) to make the perforations less noticeable and to give the bag more structure.

For Mini Evelyne, I don't. I think you have less space to put stuffs in once you have the insert.
I also have a Evelyne PM, I don't use it very often but I would get a bag insert for it if I use it more often

View attachment 4989008View attachment 4989009View attachment 4989010
I love Hermès and prefer Hermès over Chanel but I just don’t like Evelyn. Between the two I would get Chanel 19

I love the Evelyne, so much so that I have multiples. I own a bag insert, but usually end up putting my things in different zip bags, or makeup bags. Then nothing falls out, and I know if I'm looking for a pen where it is. (But to be fair, I keep things in zip bags in all my purses.) I thought I just had to have a 19. Made an appointment, went into the boutique. Sales person really pushed, but even brand new it was floppy, and not stitched well. The back pocket sagged. I passed.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags