Everyday Bag as an Evening Bag??

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I recently have noticed that a few people I know have been wearing bags that I consider everyday bags, as evening bags?

For example, I went out to a martini bar with my girlfriends over the holiday and one of my gf's was wearing her lv damier speedy with a micro mini, strapless cocktail dress. And then a wedding I attended after the new year, a guest at a formal affair wore her lv monogram neverfull GM with a strapless black dress which looked pretty ridiculous.

Maybe it's just me, but I have my "going out bags" and my "everyday bags". If I'm going out to dinner I would probably wear either or...

Do you ladies have everyday bags and evening bags? or find that you wear your bags everywhere for every occasion?

2. hmmm, I'd guess 90% of women don't care so much about bags and never even give it a second thought. I didn't 10 yrs ago.
    Only maybe a year ago did I buy a true 'evening' bag.

3. I dont own an evening bag, I never go anywhere that would require an evening bag. My daughter on the other hand needed a bag to wear to prom so she owns a cute patent leather evening bag. so I guess I have taught her well! and I do agree a neverfull or speedy does not constitute an evening bag nor does either look nice with a strapless dress.

4. I love wearing evening bags/night bags whenever I think it's appropriate. I have this yellow buttercream cole haan clutch that I use when I go out for the night during the summer.

I know someone who wore their black ferragamo bag with an orange dress and matching heels. The outfit was cuter than it sounds but the bag threw off the look.

5. I hate seeing daytime bags out at night at formal events or clubs. I'm not saying everyone should have an "evening"-evening bag, but at least buy a smaller bag that looks more appropriate for the occasion! that's why I love my Chanel medium flaps, goes from day to night easily.

6. going to dinner with the hubby? i suppose i'd either use a day bag, a small day bag or an evening bag. a party? same thing. but, any event that requires a special "clothing" purchase does deserve an evening bag.

7. I only have on "evening bag" and the rest are day bags. I usually carry my evening bag just to the bars and stuff so I don't have to lug around my huge bags. But I still worry someone is going to spill something on it :s dang college kids ;)

8. Ditto.

It's the only reason I even own clutches... not practical for "all day" use.

9. I have a couple clutches in winter and spring colors that I use as evening bags. However, that's because my every day bags tend to be huge, like dr. bags or totes.

Not since prom, however, did I have an evening-exclusive bag, like satiny bejeweled extravaganzas.

10. ive seen this a lot lately in restaurants and at weddings. personally i find it a bit odd bc the bag is just too big. there is no room at the table! i think people figure the bag is designer and want to show it off.

11. I saw a girl with a MC speedy in a discotheque a little while back. I thought it looked a bit out of place. I don't know, but I personally wouldn't go out with a large handheld bag, because that would keep me from having fun (dancing, drinking, lounging etc..). But to each their own I gues.

12. ^ exactly how i feel. especially at the wedding i went to, the girl and i happen to not get along and she knows how i collect designer purses. so i felt she wore that purse to "show off" to me. while i had a beautiful dior deco clutch, that went perfect with my outfit.

also.... to clarify, i mean "evening" bag like a smaller bag not a huge tote or anything! for example i use my lv papillion 26 or chanel small flap when i go out.

13. I have evening bags, everyday bags and school-bags. Some dresses just require a clutch or real evening bag imho. But I've noticed it a lot too that some people don't really think about it. I on the other hand, always stand in front of the mirror ( all dressed up ) trying to decide which bag works best!

14. I've always been into bags and different bags for different occasions, even before I had any awareness of higher end bags. So I have large bags, small bags, shoulder bags, hand-held bags, clutches and evening bags. A day bag just doesn't usually work for evening, so if I know I will be out later in the evening without a chance to change bags, I will likely carry a small shoulder bag on a thinner strap or a basic clutch. For fancy evenings I have a jeweled clutch. I find very few occasions to wear a hand-held, but I keep one just in case!

15. I guess for me it would depend on where I'm going. If I'm just going out for last-minute quick drinks at Chilis or a place like that, I would probably take my regular day purse. If I'm going to a club or a nicer restaurant, I definitely have smaller purses that hold only the essetials.
    My favorite "evening" bag right now is my Kooba Bonnie :smile: