Ever Read A Boring Book ?

Jan 23, 2006
The most boring books I've read so far are :

Angels & Demons (Dan Brown )
Wish You Well (David Baldacci )
Devils Banker (Chris Reich )
The Patriot ( Piers Paul Read ) :oh:

How About You ? Ever Read a Boring Book ?

Harlequin novels.. honestly, they're so repetitive !

Most of my boring books are text books, so they're required reading. Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman was probably the most disappointing non-required book I've ever read, it's totally just a rehash of Wuthering Heights !!

Yes, I would say most of the novels I was forced to read in school were boring. Sorry, guys I hated my literature classes. Also, I really hated those plays, like "Death of a Salesman" and "Our Town"
Not to mention all the textbooks!
However, I usually like the books I pick out, I was reading "Valley of the Dolls", but I can't quite get into it. Now I switched to "The Color Purple". It is really good, but way different than what I thought from the movie.

I'm an English major, so I have to do a lot of reading, and unfortunately a lot of it ends up being really boring. Anything from the 18th century is a tranquilzer gun for me. Pamela, Joseph Andrews, and A sentimental Journey were by far the worst of the bunch.

I hate reading. I didn't read one single textbook in high school. I think I have ADD. I can't concentrate...I look at the page and read the words...but I don't comprehend it because I think about other things...and my little brother has it so hmmm. The only thing I did read was a novel or two for mandatory book reports (but then again, I would do the same book I already read in middle school or something). I can't even get myself to read my college text-books.

The only book I have ever read for fun was "Forever" by Judy Blume....it was kinda boring because it was based in like the 70's...so I can't really relate to it much.

The worst book I ever read was "Ibn Batuta" for a history class in college. Saying it was horrible is an understatement. I almost literly went to sleep reading it. It was boring AND bad.

To tell you the truth, if it's boring, I stop reading and get rid of it. I have a hard time remembering books I like!! :lol: I think I have Sometimers. Now, bad movies or bad songs I remember.

hubby's science fiction books and romance novels i find at work. didn't stop me from finishing them though. i swear, i read books like most people watch a television program that's on right before or right after the one they actually want to watch. if it's there and i pick it up, i'm hooked. good thing i'm a fast reader. :smile: