Even out skin tone

db89

O.G.
Feb 20, 2006
looking for a foundation to even out skin tone, minimize pores.. etc.
i have tried so many.. but looking for new options as I have not found any I love.
i have tried from clinique, origins, laura mercier ,etc.... lots..
what are you using to even out your skin tone.. that you love.

For me personally, the Urban Decay Naked foundation has done wonders for my skin. It feels really light but it does such a great amount of coverage and makes my skin look near flawless!

Are you seeking more of a full coverage or sheer?
I would strongly rec a sheer tinted moisturizer or BB cream if your goal is simply to even the skin.
Also, remember that a full face of foundation is not necessary when you need to just even the tones - in fact, it's better to apply only where necessary and blend expertly out into the more even areas.
You definitely need a good foundation brush as your best tool IMO - that does a flawless job of really blending everything together.

For TM top choices, I like NARS TM, or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. Nars is more of a dewy look, Neutro isn't so much.

If you wanted a bit more coverage, try Too Faced BB cream (I like the kind in the tube); I also love Origins Plantscription BB Cream, BUT the shades are so dark...if you are lighter than NC30 or so, I'm afraid the lightest shade will still be too deep for you. : / The formula is amazing though. I wear the lightest shade and I'm about NC42.

Are you seeking more of a full coverage or sheer?

I would strongly rec a sheer tinted moisturizer or BB cream if your goal is simply to even the skin.

Also, remember that a full face of foundation is not necessary when you need to just even the tones - in fact, it's better to apply only where necessary and blend expertly out into the more even areas.

You definitely need a good foundation brush as your best tool IMO - that does a flawless job of really blending everything together.

For TM top choices, I like NARS TM, or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer. Nars is more of a dewy look, Neutro isn't so much.

If you wanted a bit more coverage, try Too Faced BB cream (I like the kind in the tube); I also love Origins Plantscription BB Cream, BUT the shades are so dark...if you are lighter than NC30 or so, I'm afraid the lightest shade will still be too deep for you. : / The formula is amazing though. I wear the lightest shade and I'm about NC42.

What do you think of cc creams?

Look for a medium coverage foundation.

Once you identified that, start with a good base... Moisturizer and PRIMER like Hourglass Veil Primer.

Apply the foundation with foundation brush. And dabbing is the perfect way to maximize your foundation. Finish it with light bronzer (NARS) )and finishing powder (hourglass).

Actually, I think it is easier and better to use a color corrector like Bobbi Brown. It covers the problem and I use it after the tinted moisturizer and before powder. Corrector covers red or brown spots.

I have acne-prone skin with a lot of redness, as well as large pores. I've fallen in love with the YSL Youth Liberator foundation. It's medium-full coverage, and the finish is fantastic. I've gotten more compliments on my skin in the past week than I have in my entire life. I apply it with a MAC 130 brush. Oh, and I use the Hourglass Mineral Veil primer underneath and set everything with the Hourglass ambient lighting powder in Diffused Light.

I have very similar skin to you and I swear by Bare Minerals foundation and Mineral veil all by Bare Esscentuals. They all have less than ten ingredients. They also contain SPF 30. I have been using them for over ten years and would not contemplate using anything else. These products do not aggravate my skin at all. I hope this is of use to you.