European football - any fans?

The Algeria's team was literally cornering the Germans at every turn and the goalkeeper was just blocking all the shots! And the extra time? Man, both team was about to spontaneously combust. When Algeria finally scored, the German team was like "Uh, whatever it's almost over anyway".

Tim Howard was amazing for the US. The goal from Green really got them going, and the last 15 was some great football to watch.

This is the first time I've ever followed the World Cup, USA Soccer team. I'm a huge hockey fan and to a lesser extent American football. I just heard the sportscaster say Tim Howard had more saves in this game in WC history. Soccer never really caught on as a major sport in the USA, but I did enjoy the few games I watched for this World Cup.

What country are you rooting for? :smile:

ETA: I have no idea where the players are from in your avatar. ;)

Any Bayern Munich fans around? I'm going to be in Munich in October and might want to see a game, I'm sure tickets are going to be impossible to find, but any recommendations on where to buy them?

Any Bayern Munich fans around? I'm going to be in Munich in October and might want to see a game, I'm sure tickets are going to be impossible to find, but any recommendations on where to buy them?
I would buy them from the club's official page www.fcbayern.de.

As far as I can tell, the tickets for the new season havn't gone into sale yet, though.
But I always buy from the club's official pages to be sure, that it's not a "fake" page, I'm buying from.

Germany are playing so badly, I am ashamed for them...

oooh yes... nearly got a heart attack... I knew Algeria would make it tough, but this tough :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Glad we have Manuel Neuer... he's a great goal keeper and saved us... glad Germany scored 2 goals in the end...

now we have to face France tomorrow... I have to say I won't be surprised if that's it for Germany there... We'll see...