eternity ring - diamond missing :(

oooh sorry to hear about everyone's missing stones... could it be somewhere in the house??

I lost the solitaire out of my e-ring and managed to find it in the street, embedded in the sidewalk's hot tar! This was years ago... I got lucky... it could have been lost forever. Did lose a .15 diamond out of my semi eternity band a couple of years ago. I took a fall and landed palms out, shattered one of the small diamonds. Thank goodness it was off to the side and not in the center of the band. I still wear it as is.

Wow! I did not realize that losing melees/stones is so common. Do you think shared- prog/paved type of stone setting makes it easier for the diamonds to fall off? Now, I have second thoughts about getting eternity rings.

To the OP, I can't help but notice that the melees in your eternity band are very close to the gold/platinum setting of your ering. Please take a close look. Do you see any signs of scratching/scraping on your ering? I heard that it is also common to have diamonds from wedding bands cutting/damaging the adjacent ering setting. Some ladies purposely wear a spacer ring to avoid contact/damage.

Okay - it just got worse - I looked at my right hand ring - ALSO MISSING A STONE!

I'm irate - someone please soothe me!!!!!!!!!!!

:hugs:Sorry dear!

To the OP: My first pave ring had structural issues and frequently lost stones. Once I had the jeweler fix it for good (not just replacing the stones, but fixing the structure) I haven't lost a single stone. That was about five years ago. Good luck!

It's common for diamonds to fall out of shared prong settings. I have the same band and get my prongs checked every couple weeks. Also, I tend to think the diamonds get loose after being in an ultrasonic, so check the prongs after you have your ring cleaned.

I'm sorry, that's sad. I hope you get it fixed, like the others said get the jeweller to check all of the prongs, and make sure that all the other diamonds are secure. Gorgeous wedding set BTW!

I've had diamonds come loose on my ring (I have a very similar e-ring and my wedding band has the same shared-prong setting) but luckily none have fallen out. I have taken mine in to get reset and just try to keep an eye on them. You can also go in to a jeweler regularly and have them check to see if any diamonds are loose. I actually created a thread a little while ago about diamonds coming loose on my eternity band and basically the advice given was get the band checked every 6 months to see if any are loose or buy a thin plain band that divides the e-ring and wedding band as it may be the setting of your solitaire that's knocking the diamonds on your wedding band. You may however want to talk to your jeweler about reinforcing the settings for all the diamonds because twice in 6 months seems like a lot. Good luck!!

guess what ladies. i noticed this past sunday that there were 2 stones missing. i went to the jeweler and decided to change the setting. it's an eternity but with more gold to hold it in place. i'll post pics when i get it later this week.

what i do with all of my rings is every 6 months or so (maybe less), i take my rings to my trusted jeweler and have him check the stones to ensure they're secure. every now and then, he'll tell me a stone is loose and he'll tighten it up for only $15 or $20. and he polishes it up, as well. much less hassle of actually losing one and this way, you get it nice and polished every now and then, too.

It's common for diamonds to fall out of shared prong settings. I have the same band and get my prongs checked every couple weeks. Also, I tend to think the diamonds get loose after being in an ultrasonic, so check the prongs after you have your ring cleaned.

maybe i'm wrong here, and it could vary from jeweler to jeweler, but before my jeweler even attempts to stick anything in the ultrasonic, he always checks to see if any of my stones are loose. a few times, there were a few that were loose so he won't even attempt to put it in there. unless the ultrasonic itself makes the stone loose, which i imagine that would indicate it wasn't very secure to begin with. idk.

maybe i'm wrong here, and it could vary from jeweler to jeweler, but before my jeweler even attempts to stick anything in the ultrasonic, he always checks to see if any of my stones are loose. a few times, there were a few that were loose so he won't even attempt to put it in there. unless the ultrasonic itself makes the stone loose, which i imagine that would indicate it wasn't very secure to begin with. idk.

I know at my jewelry store we have to.

Nancypants, unfortunately this does happen, especially with eternity bands simply because when the stones are underneath they do tend to get knocked around a bit more often. Add to the fact some stones probably do rub against your e-ring. I am excited to see pics of your new ring too!

I also want to add that women HATE hearing these things about eternity bands since they love them and I am not trying to say nasty things about them but it is just true.

Last edited: