essential oils

db89

O.G.
Feb 20, 2006
i just received a gift pack from body shop containing several oils... cocconut, olive, and two others (i forget now.. i am at work , so will check when i get home).. i have to say i have never ever used any oils.... what do you use them for and how???

i love essential oils!!

i use them in place of moisturizers & aromatherapy but i am not sure about the quality from bodyshop.

did the label say 100% pure essential oils? i actually prefer 100% organic essential oils but that's just me.

From what I was told long ago, if it's a pure essential oil then it would be mixed with a carrier oil and used as aromatherapy and to moisturize the skin or dabbed pure on certain points, like temples, if they were gentle enough. From the two scents you mentioned it looks like they are just body oils and are normally used as body moisturizers.

The oils you recieved dont sound like 'essential' oils such as those pure extracts used in aroma therapy but the 'carrier' oils that are used in beauty to moisturise etc. Please dont try to put them in an oil burner because that could turn ugly!

thanks for all the tips here .... i agree , they are likely not essentials oils...
but from the the bodyshop ,,,, has anyone ever used them .. what are they like ... i have not opened them.... not sure if i should keep them or not now....if i wont use much... i would rather give an unopened bottle to someone...

I use coconut oil on my fave & body, but a lot of people also use it in their hair.
Olive oil, I use in my hair but it can also be used on the body. The 2 oils that you entwined are carrier oils. Peppermint & rosemary would. An example of an essential oil.