Espadrilles with no ties?

MKWMDA

Lux Lover
Jan 25, 2008
Houston
I am wearing my tan formentera espadrilles today, and when I first left the house and came to work, I was wearing them with out the ankle ties, I had taken them off. But the more I thought about it, the more I thought it may look funny with no ties. Has anyone ever seen them without the ties, and do they look silly without them?

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

xnplo

ZEN
O.G.
Mar 18, 2007
No they don't look silly w/o ties. I think they are actually more comfy that way, especially when I'm wearing them under jeans.

MKWMDA

Lux Lover
Jan 25, 2008
Houston
I found that was true, I am wearing them with ankle length pants, so I took the ties off and I looked alot less stumpy.

luxlover

O.G.
Sep 2, 2007
interesting....do wedges with ties make ur legs look shorter??

I had always thought that the ties were suppose to elongate ur legs?

MKWMDA

Lux Lover
Jan 25, 2008
Houston
I honestly have no idea if they are supposed to elongate or shorten, becuase my legs are 4 feet long (literally) its really hard to find something that shortens them. But I would say that because the ties were nude colored, it wasnt really the ties that did it, it was wearing ankle length pants + ties that made me look a little stumpy. But taking them off helped alot I think, I even got a compliment on my no-tie espadrilles, and I told the girl I just took the ribbon out, and she was like omg I never thought of that! So I guess it really just depends on the outfit. :smile: