Epi leather, silver hardware?

Raspberry

O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
I was in LV the other day and the SA mentioned to me that the golden hardware will all become silver soon. Has anyone else heard/can confirm this?

To tell the truth, I'm a bit upset. I think golden hardware looks so much more "authenic" and luxe looking than silver would. I know that the blue epi bags right now have silver hardware, which I don't like as much as the gold on other colors.

What are everyone's opinions?

Cristina

Oct 23, 2005
fayden said:
yup i noticed on eluxury the harware is now silver. so it's already started. i think depending on the bag color, silver might look better than gold.

I agree. I think blue and black look good with silver, but I like the red and mandarin with gold hardware.

WCLC

Feb 11, 2006
Raspberry said:
I was in LV the other day and the SA mentioned to me that the golden hardware will all become silver soon. Has anyone else heard/can confirm this?

To tell the truth, I'm a bit upset. I think golden hardware looks so much more "authenic" and luxe looking than silver would. I know that the blue epi bags right now have silver hardware, which I don't like as much as the gold on other colors.

What are everyone's opinions?

I saw some red Epi speedys with silver hardware on Elux a few days ago (no pics) but it said "red w/silver". I agree some colors look better with gold.

muppy

Nov 26, 2005
eeks! i thought they would have both silver and gold rather than phasing out the gold hardware! I would really like to get the epi accessoires in red with gold hardware! looks like i have to act soon

devoted7

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
I've been having problems with my gold hardware turning to a rusty/silvery color. Maybe with the color chance, it will save them
from complaints. I would vote for the silver so I don't have to worry about the color change.

Kat

Dec 13, 2005
I'm not a fan of gold tone hardware. I usually won't consider a bag with gold tone hardware these days. I did just get a Gucci for Valentine's Day but it is like a brushed gold. Not real yellow. I much rather have silver hardware on everything. I don't even wear any yellow gold jewelry anymore. I only wear platinum or white gold.

muppy

Nov 26, 2005
Sob sob, i called up LV today and asked if they still have the red epi with gold hardware and they told me they don't do the gold hardware anymore! I can't believe it! I'm feeling so sad right now! really wanted a red with gold hardware!

JAP4life

O.G.
Nov 14, 2005
Well that explains why elux only had the mandarin color left in the epi pochette...I usually am not a fan of gold hardware but I did like the gold with the red...buuut, I wear silver and white gold so much more that it actually works in my favor. ( dunno about everyone..I don't like to wear gold hardware with silver jewelry)