Epi Leather question :D

I got my first NOE last month (Toledo Blue) and I already want another one .. LOL! I may look at getting a Petit one, but for my build, I think the regular may suit me better. I was able to pick mine up in excellent condition on ebay for about $275 which was awesome :smile:! I am so excited to see what you end up with :smile:.

Noe is my favorite style - I have four of them! I'd love one in green (or in Mandarin, which is a HG) but I'm having to draw a line somewhere...they're just so versatile, though! Shoulder carry, holds everything, looks great. I think they're underrated.

Aluxe: I have a St. Cloud in black epi and it's really, really gorgeous and has held up better than any of the others. I think it's the style (not as vulnerable in the corners as the noes). I've been considering a black epi speedy myself - they're gorgeous and you don't see them as often as the canvas ones.

Noe is my favorite style - I have four of them! I'd love one in green (or in Mandarin, which is a HG) but I'm having to draw a line somewhere...they're just so versatile, though! Shoulder carry, holds everything, looks great. I think they're underrated.

Aluxe: I have a St. Cloud in black epi and it's really, really gorgeous and has held up better than any of the others. I think it's the style (not as vulnerable in the corners as the noes). I've been considering a black epi speedy myself - they're gorgeous and you don't see them as often as the canvas ones.

lol. I can understand wanting more. I just recently purchased my Mono Noe and last night won the Toledo blue petite. I'm already picturing myself in the yellow for the summer. It seems that the corners do get scuffed/dirty. Is there anyway to keep that clean?

I found a couple of Epi Noes on ebay that have like dark marks on the edges. Not exactly rubbing but what looks like dirt. Is there anyway to get rid of that?

Epi is the most worry free bag you will ever have. My old SA told me one of his customers ran over her Epi bag in her car, and it was fine.

Red is a beautiful choice, by the way.

LOL@ running over a bag! I love my epi keepall its in Toledo blue, seriously pictures do not do that color justice, it is so vibrant and fresh I love that bag! with regards to care its pretty easy going.. Goodluck in your hunt!

i'm thinking of getting an Epi Alma that's pre-loved....it is pretty much a given that even "good-very good" condition bags will have wear in the corners? looks like all those on ebay right now have that wear....

omg, your noe's are lovely! and they look brand new
i have lockit in red and it's so easy to look after. also, have mandarine wallet and it doesn't wear that well (the corners look grubby) I use it only sometimes and than I rub it with eraser when it gets dirty

I got a kenyan fawn petite noe and it got several creases on the bottom of the front side due to shipping damage (very sad). Does any of you know of a way to fix that? I read many of the posts indicating that nothing could be done... is that really true?

I got a kenyan fawn petite noe and it got several creases on the bottom of the front side due to shipping damage (very sad). Does any of you know of a way to fix that? I read many of the posts indicating that nothing could be done... is that really true?

Once a Epi is creased, I don't think it can be fixed due to the nature of the leather.

It was shipped from where? If damaged during shipping, the seller or Post Office should be refunding the money or giving you the money to have it fixed by LV. They can quote you a price in the store.

Once a Epi is creased, I don't think it can be fixed due to the nature of the leather.

It was shipped from where? If damaged during shipping, the seller or Post Office should be refunding the money or giving you the money to have it fixed by LV. They can quote you a price in the store.

It was shipped from Japan in a bubble wrap envelope (vs. box!). I think I might have made a big mistake settling with the buyer reimbursing me $50 for it earlier this week. Well, it was either that or the post office keep the purse and that it will take between 1-3 months for me to get my money back from the seller by the time the do the investigation, etc.

Thank you for the idea of getting a quote from the LV store. I called them yesterday. I found out that LV will charge a whole lot more than $50 to repair the entire panel because of the way petit noe was made. O'well... live and learn, right... I still love that bag... maybe I'll just use it as is being that it will eventually get creased after use.

I'm sorry to hear about your Noe.
I recently bought a kenyan fawn petite noe and a kenyan fawn speedy 30 on ebay.
I really love with that color.
Petite noe is in excellent condition...but speedy has a crease on the bottom and it had a "stored for years" type of smell...I had to put a baking soda box in purse to absorb smell before I carried her.

:sad:

I'm sorry to hear about your Noe.
I recently bought a kenyan fawn petite noe and a kenyan fawn speedy 30 on ebay.
I really love with that color.
Petite noe is in excellent condition...but speedy has a crease on the bottom and it had a "stored for years" type of smell...I had to put a baking soda box in purse to absorb smell before I carried her.

:sad:

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear about your speedy, too. Yes, I love the kenyan fawn because it seems to match a lot of the colors I wear. The crease is really noticeable on that color, though. Maybe I should have bought a black one. The LV store quoted $300 to fix it because they have to replace the entire panel. Considering that I paid $300 for a (used to be) mint condition less $50, that Noe would end up costing $550... kind of high for a "pre-loved."

If you use the epi Noe as a day-to-day purse, does it really get creased that easily because of the epi material? Also, does everyone have the same problem as I do with constantly readjusting the strap of the Noe on your shoulder? It keeps sliding down even after I have it on the shortest setting. I guess my other point of comparison is the mabillion backpack which I absolutely love because it does not slide off my shoulder.

It was shipped from Japan in a bubble wrap envelope (vs. box!). I think I might have made a big mistake settling with the buyer reimbursing me $50 for it earlier this week. Well, it was either that or the post office keep the purse and that it will take between 1-3 months for me to get my money back from the seller by the time the do the investigation, etc.

Thank you for the idea of getting a quote from the LV store. I called them yesterday. I found out that LV will charge a whole lot more than $50 to repair the entire panel because of the way petit noe was made. O'well... live and learn, right... I still love that bag... maybe I'll just use it as is being that it will eventually get creased after use.

Sweet talk your SA, sometimes if they like you, they'll do it for free. Good luck, and I hope your are enjoying your bag.

I use a clean "pink" eraser very lightly to take marks off the corners on epi. If it doesn't look like it's coming off, I don't force it. I recently got a pre loved red alma with some black marks. Those came off and the leather looks like new! I keep meaning to use some Brasso on the zipper to shine it up.