Envelope wallet- dilemma. Advice needed!

Sarenkaldn

May 2, 2014
Hi Ladies
I bought recently my first mulberry which is a black bayswater with nickel and now I would like to add to my collection a wallet.However, I dont want it to be in the same colour like my handbag as most of my bags and purses are in black .
I really like poppy red envelope wallet - unfortunately its not available on the sale so it would cost me £295 -full price and a hardware is gold in colour
.My second option is the same wallet but in midnight blue with silver hardware which I guess it would go nicely with my bayswater due to nickel hardware plus its 30% off .
Do You think I should buy poppy red wallet for full price ? Is it worth £295 ? Or should I get one for 30% off but in dark colour -midnight blue -which would be my second option anyway...
I know its a personal preference but I would like to know your opinion Ladies ..what would You do? Which wallet do You think I should I go for?

thank You for any advice !

I'd say go for the midnight as it would go nicely with your new black bay & you won't need to baby them too much. You can always add the Poppy red to your collection whenever it goes on sale 😝
Personally, I hate buying things at full price and if later on they go on sale, that's just drive me mad. Though the SA @ Westfield did tell me that Poppy red is now a core colour so they wouldn't let it go into sale but independent retailers like fenwick or hoopers will probably do at some point

Harrods have a 10% off weekend this weekend - sign up as a reward card holder. Not as much as 30% but every little helps, they have black and pink ones

I have a black one and paid £295 for me worth it. Love the purse so much.

Is the one you are looking at on MyTheresa?

Thanks a lot for your advice :smile:
When it comes to shopping nothing makes me more happier than to buy something I like for a good price . I have decided not to go for poppy red this time however it will remain on my wish list until it goes on sale.
lets hope midnight blue its not sold out from Fenwick as I phoned up Mulberry and they said the sale is coming to the end and they dont have more envelope wallets in stock (from the sale)
I checked Mytheresa and they sell it in bright red . I have seen it in real live and I found it for 30% off but to me this colour is - as description say- bright , and too glossy . not really matching my soft grain bayswater I personally prefer more deep , rich red :smile:.
I am going to keep an eye on Harrods website this weekend because last month I missed it.:sad:

Last edited:
I bought black with nickel but I think I would have to return it :sad: The leather is smooth almost like worn down in some places . It was given to me from a display as they had only 2 in stock from sale. The second one ( midnight blue sold out) had a dent , very little and I may consider to exchange it to that one ..decision,decision...