Enter the void...

Aerdem

Jun 24, 2018
The Void
I was just reading up on Re-Nylon bags and the sustainability efforts the house is making.
This piece is very 'you'! :tup:
How do you like the puffy external pockets? It's the only thing I was not certain of as I saw pictures online...do you find they stick out a lot when you're wearing the jacket?
jblended, the Re-Nylon initiative is incredible. Prada always seems to be so forward (not only design-wise) but socio/political/environmentally. Makes sense given Miuccia’s background in politics. One of the many reasons I love the house.

I find Re-Nylon actually more robust than virgin nylon- it’s superb quality! And I actually love the the external pocket detail. It’s a very specific look. But I’m drawn to silhouettes that exaggerate shoulders and hips (creating a teeny tiny waist). I’m into the Balenciaga hourglass jacket, as well as the super cartoonish shapes created by Mugler- so I’m more than a bit biased! Definitely a design feature that stands out literally and figuratively.

Oh- and fun fact.. there aren’t any real pockets under there. Ha, that might be my only qualm.

• Love
Reactions: jblended

jblended

Mar 17, 2019
I find Re-Nylon actually more robust than virgin nylon- it’s superb quality!
Wonderful! I'm fascinated by it and hope to check out one of the messenger bags in a boutique soon. :tup:
Oh- and fun fact.. there aren’t any real pockets under there. Ha, that might be my only qualm.
:shocked: I would never have known those weren't real pockets!

I can totally see how that shape is perfect for you. It's sharp, tailored and has exaggerated proportions, but is so soft and feminine at the same time. Totally you! I love it. :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: Aerdem

Aerdem

Jun 24, 2018
The Void
Wonderful! I'm fascinated by it and hope to check out one of the messenger bags in a boutique soon. :tup:

:shocked: I would never have known those weren't real pockets!

I can totally see how that shape is perfect for you. It's sharp, tailored and has exaggerated proportions, but is so soft and feminine at the same time. Totally you! I love it. :biggrin:
Right?! It’s a funny design (non) feature. Because if/when you want to take off the jacket you have to figure out what to do with the belt logistically. No belt loops. No pockets. But, for this jacket- I’ll manage!!

Last edited:

b.Jane

Sep 20, 2012
Hi! Does anyone know if the new Prada loafers are true to size? I’ve seen reviews of people saying they are.

I bought mine from a reseller in a 35 and it’s runs large. I’m usually a 35.5 or 36 and it was still a bit loose on the back. Wonder if I got the real deal or dupe.

Aerdem

Jun 24, 2018
The Void
Hi! Does anyone know if the new Prada loafers are true to size? I’ve seen reviews of people saying they are.

I bought mine from a reseller in a 35 and it’s runs large. I’m usually a 35.5 or 36 and it was still a bit loose on the back. Wonder if I got the real deal or dupe.
So, it’s interesting- usually I find I take a half size up in Prada (with current collections). Vintage is an entirely other story..

The loafers are one of the only current styles I do find true to size for me personally.

Prada’s shoe sizing definitely remains an enigma!

Reactions: b.Jane