Enter the void...

I was just reading up on Re-Nylon bags and the sustainability efforts the house is making.
This piece is very 'you'! :tup:
How do you like the puffy external pockets? It's the only thing I was not certain of as I saw pictures online...do you find they stick out a lot when you're wearing the jacket?
jblended, the Re-Nylon initiative is incredible. Prada always seems to be so forward (not only design-wise) but socio/political/environmentally. Makes sense given Miuccia’s background in politics. One of the many reasons I love the house.

I find Re-Nylon actually more robust than virgin nylon- it’s superb quality! And I actually love the the external pocket detail. It’s a very specific look. But I’m drawn to silhouettes that exaggerate shoulders and hips (creating a teeny tiny waist). I’m into the Balenciaga hourglass jacket, as well as the super cartoonish shapes created by Mugler- so I’m more than a bit biased! Definitely a design feature that stands out literally and figuratively.

Oh- and fun fact.. there aren’t any real pockets under there. Ha, that might be my only qualm.

• Love
Reactions: jblended
I find Re-Nylon actually more robust than virgin nylon- it’s superb quality!
Wonderful! I'm fascinated by it and hope to check out one of the messenger bags in a boutique soon. :tup:
Oh- and fun fact.. there aren’t any real pockets under there. Ha, that might be my only qualm.
:shocked: I would never have known those weren't real pockets!

I can totally see how that shape is perfect for you. It's sharp, tailored and has exaggerated proportions, but is so soft and feminine at the same time. Totally you! I love it. :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: Aerdem
Wonderful! I'm fascinated by it and hope to check out one of the messenger bags in a boutique soon. :tup:

:shocked: I would never have known those weren't real pockets!

I can totally see how that shape is perfect for you. It's sharp, tailored and has exaggerated proportions, but is so soft and feminine at the same time. Totally you! I love it. :biggrin:
Right?! It’s a funny design (non) feature. Because if/when you want to take off the jacket you have to figure out what to do with the belt logistically. No belt loops. No pockets. But, for this jacket- I’ll manage!!

Last edited:
Prada Cleo in brushed leather.

Love the minimal lines and the architectural angle of the base. I think the stark white suits the severe shape.

Attachments

• 25EE3B98-BC07-4D0B-B716-EF427C4CE862.jpeg
    25EE3B98-BC07-4D0B-B716-EF427C4CE862.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 19
  • BC96F594-9A64-41D8-9B71-E4EC327CB8C6.jpeg
    BC96F594-9A64-41D8-9B71-E4EC327CB8C6.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 1FC90859-107D-4566-8890-B2DEA87CD8A9.jpeg
    1FC90859-107D-4566-8890-B2DEA87CD8A9.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 15
Hi! Does anyone know if the new Prada loafers are true to size? I’ve seen reviews of people saying they are.

I bought mine from a reseller in a 35 and it’s runs large. I’m usually a 35.5 or 36 and it was still a bit loose on the back. Wonder if I got the real deal or dupe.

Hi! Does anyone know if the new Prada loafers are true to size? I’ve seen reviews of people saying they are.

I bought mine from a reseller in a 35 and it’s runs large. I’m usually a 35.5 or 36 and it was still a bit loose on the back. Wonder if I got the real deal or dupe.
So, it’s interesting- usually I find I take a half size up in Prada (with current collections). Vintage is an entirely other story..

The loafers are one of the only current styles I do find true to size for me personally.

Prada’s shoe sizing definitely remains an enigma!

Reactions: b.Jane
_______

A funny little thing happened with one of my friends yesterday. She did a closet purge and kept only black clothing, shoes and accessories (scarves and bags). Everything else got donated- any coloured clothing, bags, shoes and all her jewellery is now gone. She has found her uniform.
As much as I love the idea of playing within a single colour- because there is variety to be found in cuts, textures, fabrics, and styles- I would struggle with an exclusively black head-to-toe look all of the time. Black is chic but I fear it will also be heavy if it's constant.
It's got me thinking...my own wardrobe has a lot of black, white, grey and blue, but I have pops of colour as well (usually a contrasting stitch or placket, coloured buttons on white shirts, coloured trims and zippers on trousers, and I certainly have lots of colourful bags), so whilst I have a uniform of sorts, mine is not as severe. I wonder if she will be able to express herself fully in just black. This will be an interesting experiment to watch.
Have any of you ever done anything like this?
Your story reminded me of @Aerdem's thread here. :giggle:

Your story reminded me of @Aerdem's thread here. :giggle:
Oh good point! :tup: I hadn't drawn the parallel myself, but you may be right because, as I recall, @Aerdem also did a massive purge and simplified her belongings in one go. However, there's a difference to these journeys. @Aerdem's style is not as much about having a fixed uniform as it is about self-expression via a defined aesthetic direction.
There's simplicity in her choices, but it's clear she has a very strong sense of herself and expresses her style in architectural/sculptural and unique pieces that best reflect that.
Meanwhile, my friend is just going with 'all black' but has not yet worked out who she is nor how this new look will be an expression of her personality. I would love to see my friend quickly evolve to the point that @Aerdem has (and frankly, I'd love to reach that place myself as @Aerdem is my guru!) :biggrin:

Oh good point! :tup: I hadn't drawn the parallel myself, but you may be right because, as I recall, @Aerdem also did a massive purge and simplified her belongings in one go. However, there's a difference to these journeys. @Aerdem's style is not as much about having a fixed uniform as it is about self-expression via a defined aesthetic direction.
There's simplicity in her choices, but it's clear she has a very strong sense of herself and expresses her style in architectural/sculptural and unique pieces that best reflect that.
Meanwhile, my friend is just going with 'all black' but has not yet worked out who she is nor how this new look will be an expression of her personality. I would love to see my friend quickly evolve to the point that @Aerdem has (and frankly, I'd love to reach that place myself as @Aerdem is my guru!) :biggrin:
This is the apex of compliments! Extremely honored.

• Love
Reactions: 880
MARY KATRANTZOU X BVLGARI

Givenchy Padlock U

Two very symbolic pieces which highlight metal as sculpture.

The serpenti limited collection inspired by the metamorphosis of the snake, while Matthew William’s debut collection of locks for Givenchy are a nod to the Pont des Arts.

Transformation and connection translated through art.

Attachments

• 3FB2F196-CA34-46E3-BDDA-F4349C48E4D7.jpeg
    3FB2F196-CA34-46E3-BDDA-F4349C48E4D7.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 48A7E0C2-FDFD-4863-B3E4-6363550A4211.jpeg
    48A7E0C2-FDFD-4863-B3E4-6363550A4211.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 0D6550F2-8301-4B7B-9722-D6983A47141E.jpeg
    0D6550F2-8301-4B7B-9722-D6983A47141E.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 6DF5AC14-3104-435A-B4D4-E263A5B96CA3.jpeg
    6DF5AC14-3104-435A-B4D4-E263A5B96CA3.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 4C49F389-20FA-4625-8AAE-3040F6CED31C.jpeg
    4C49F389-20FA-4625-8AAE-3040F6CED31C.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 27
  • 1864C890-FDD6-46F8-ABC5-B98058A9A85A.jpeg
    1864C890-FDD6-46F8-ABC5-B98058A9A85A.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 23
MARY KATRANTZOU X BVLGARI

Givenchy Padlock U

Two very symbolic pieces which highlight metal as sculpture.

The serpenti limited collection inspired by the metamorphosis of the snake, while Matthew William’s debut collection of locks for Givenchy are a nod to the Pont des Arts.

Transformation and connection translated through art.

I love, love the Bvlgari. @Aerdem Not sure if you've seen this bag but it's one that really reminds me of the Bvlgari. https://www.lanvin.com/us/pencil-cat-bag-lw-bgbr05-palm-e2010.html

Both wonderfully beautiful in my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: Aerdem