Enquiry on Emily bag! tnx!

May 2, 2012
Hi Gucci fans!

I am normally on the LV, Prada and Chanel threads.. So Gucci is pretty new to me :smile:

I am interest purchasing the Guccissima Emily Evening bag in red, does anyone own it? If do can I please have feedback, the pros and cons? ie: colour transfer on a red, colour discolourisation, stitches.. In fact my sis have a black but I was wondering if the risk of having a red one would colour transferring.. That's the main issue that i am afraid. I will post a pic that I took a photo from the site so excuse for it's poor quality. Your feedbacks would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

A.

Attachments

• image-3864211680.jpg
    image-3864211680.jpg
    708.7 KB · Views: 945
Beautiful bag, only thing that held me back was the fact that they said it'll scratch easily because over time... It'll develop some kind of glaze and become more and more vintage looking...

jlove said:
Hmmm....interesting question. I would think not for the dark red. If lighter red,then maybe black is the best choice for you

I'm not sure how red is the bag, gucci doesn't have it in there boutique so I'm planning go order online.. My sister have a black one, she told me I can always swap it with her for a black one :smile:

sequoia said:
Beautiful bag, only thing that held me back was the fact that they said it'll scratch easily because over time... It'll develop some kind of glaze and become more and more vintage looking...

I know what you mean., cause the leather is a thin leather. So if you have pointy nails and you try to open the flap and your nail accidentally scrap the surface it will leave a mark. It's like Chanel lambskin.. But the Emily bag is so pretty and I can see it's vintage over time..

My sister use some spray for scratch resistant and that help so maybe I can try that :smile:

I know what you mean., cause the leather is a thin leather. So if you have pointy nails and you try to open the flap and your nail accidentally scrap the surface it will leave a mark. It's like Chanel lambskin.. But the Emily bag is so pretty and I can see it's vintage over time..

My sister use some spray for scratch resistant and that help so maybe I can try that :smile:

It's not that the leather is 'thin' it's that the finish of the leather is smooth and fine. Actually the leather seems quite thick. The Guccissima leather should be much more scratch resistant though ;)

papertiger said:
It's not that the leather is 'thin' it's that the finish of the leather is smooth and fine. Actually the leather seems quite thick. The Guccissima leather should be much more scratch resistant though ;)

That's what I meant, couldn't explain it well. The coating is thin, the leather thickness of the bag is pretty thick but it ain't heavy. Thats what i like about it. Not sure about scratch resistant for the Guccissma since I don't purchase anything from Gucci. Mainly because SA from where I came from always look unhappy, unappreciative with their customers, snobby and they follow you close by.. But the Emily bag have just caught my eyes..