English Spoken at European LV Stores?

HeatherR

Designer Bag Whore
Jul 22, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I'll be going on vacation to Vienna in a few months, and wanted to get a new LV bag there, since its cheaper. I know a little German, but not nearly enough to carry on a conversation with people.

For those of you who are English speakers and have purchased bags in major European cities, did you find that alot of the SAs spoke English, or not so much?

Thank you for your help!! :biggrin:

Thank you so much! I was so nervous about attempting to have such a long conversation in German. lol

I didn't get a chance to get an LV in Paris last year, and because of these damn price increases, I refuse to buy anything in the USA right now!

I think it's because the items aren't imported. On the French and German websites, the prices are 200 dollars or so less. Then you get a tax refund when you exit the country on tip of that. For the bag I want, it's a $300 savings buying it in Europe. Then even more when I get the tax refund. I travel to Europe at least once a year, so I decided to just wait til I go for my next bag. The smaller accessories aren't that much cheaper in Europe. It's mostly the bags .

I think it's because the items aren't imported. On the French and German websites, the prices are 200 dollars or so less. Then you get a tax refund when you exit the country on tip of that. For the bag I want, it's a $300 savings buying it in Europe. Then even more when I get the tax refund. I travel to Europe at least once a year, so I decided to just wait til I go for my next bag. The smaller accessories aren't that much cheaper in Europe. It's mostly the bags .

Oh wow! That's good to know. Now to convince my husband that I NEED another LV. :biggrin:

Congrats on your trip! You can find several SA who speak English, they are all very friendly and helpful. I speak four languages and sometimes I forget a word and they always smile and understand what I'm trying to say. Of course, speaking German and French is preferable with the locals. Have fun and enjoy!