English at FSH?

anez

B-& until the sales!
O.G.
Dec 9, 2007
I am currently tentatively planning a trip to FSH (it's not set yet, but I'm very excited about it!) and I was just wondering...

My French is non-existent. Like, hello, goodbye, my name is, can you tell me where the bathroom is please, etc.

So, my question is this: to those of you who have shopped at FSH: were you all able to speak French? And, if not, did that affect the way the SAs treated you? Do you think it might affect the likelihood of being able to purchase a Birkin?

Any advice appreciated, ladies. Thanks. :smile:

anez all the SAs I encountered spoke English even the door security people spoke English, so you shouldn't have a problem. I had good service as far as I know,even though they are very busy at that store once you have the attention of a SA they attend solely to you, no rush, full attention be it 3 bags or a scarf. Have a great time!

Ohh, really? That's marvelous, thank you! I will, of course, make the effort, but limited knowledge only goes so far, and I only have a few weeks until then that will mostly be taken up with cramming for finals. :biggrin:

Thanks again!

They speak good English, have no fear, however, if you start off with a 'Bonjour Madame/Monsieur/whatever' and then carry on in English, they will appreciate it, I think.

Have no concerns! I speak (limited) French but have never needed to use it there. Their command of English is better than that of most sales assistants in Manchester (even when you're trying to explain why you need to exchange a wallet your husband spent an hour deliberating about only to leave the shop and return five minutes later!).

I have not been in the store in years, but (echoing allaboutnice), anywhere in France, restaurant etc., it would be nice to say, Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur to start, then switch to English. Have a fun time!:yes:

They speak good English, have no fear, however, if you start off with a 'Bonjour Madame/Monsieur/whatever' and then carry on in English, they will appreciate it, I think.

Absolutely-- I've travelled a lot, and always make the effort, but sometimes you can find yourself in hot water a little way into the conversation if they can't speak English and think you speak their language! :biggrin:

Thanks for all your advice, guys, I'm really looking forward to it. :smile: