ENGAGEMENT RINGS! What does yours look like?

Your asscher is gorgeous! Blue Nile uses different vendors for different ring settings and some of them will fashion the prongs into the claw type. When I was looking several years ago, I asked Blue Nile this very question and the answer was yes (at the time). I ended up using Leon Mege and he is as famous for his claw prongs as he is for being very difficult to work with lol.

Thanks for your message here. I actually sent my ring back to BN to be placed in a Platinum setting yesterday. I spoke to their diamond advisor about claw prongs before doing that. They assured me they do it all the time and it’s just a matter of request.

I did look for dupe settings since posting here and just didn’t fall in love with any. The closest one came out to $1700. For Blue Nile, if I upgrade to Platinum (and specifically request claws) within their 30 day exchange/return policy, it would only be $380 more than what I paid for in 14k ($200).

I figured I’d take the risk. Finger crossed! Either way, I still prefer Plat over 14k! Claw or not.

Thanks again.

Thanks for your message here. I actually sent my ring back to BN to be placed in a Platinum setting yesterday. I spoke to their diamond advisor about claw prongs before doing that. They assured me they do it all the time and it’s just a matter of request.

I did look for dupe settings since posting here and just didn’t fall in love with any. The closest one came out to $1700. For Blue Nile, if I upgrade to Platinum (and specifically request claws) within their 30 day exchange/return policy, it would only be $380 more than what I paid for in 14k ($200).

I figured I’d take the risk. Finger crossed! Either way, I still prefer Plat over 14k! Claw or not.

Thanks again.

I'm so glad I could help and I'm sure it will be beautiful. Platinum is my preferred choice for my wedding ring, too, because of the durability and the patina it achieves over time. The price Blue Nile quoted sounds very reasonable for platinum with claw prongs.

Please post pictures of your new setting when you receive it!

Reactions: missD
My engament ring has arrived, ta-daah:

331puhg.jpg

2s8057a.jpg

2cf7edw.jpg

I love love love it! Simple but with bling as my friend said:smile:.