Engagement ring shopping

A great place with tons of information is .pricescope.com . This is where my hubby got a lot of info and some visuals to assist him with his search. The "Rocky Talk" sub-forum is a good starting point. I personally like gawking in the "Show me the ring" sub-forum! Good luck!

please don't link to other forums

Last edited by a moderator:
PS is a great forum :yes:
But I hate seeing our members always trying to send people elsewhere. We have a TON of PS members here and we're very happy to give advice and we're collectively very knowledgeable.
It's a wealth of info, but it can be an overwhelming wealth of info :smile:

Ame and I are good friends:hugs: She prefers the Star 129 and I prefer the Hearts and Arrows. Guess which one of us owns each:biggrin: Whichever you choose, you will be getting a great diamond. Let Jon at GOG guide you through the process. You will be in good hands

PS is a great forum :yes:
But I hate seeing our members always trying to send people elsewhere. We have a TON of PS members here and we're very happy to give advice and we're collectively very knowledgeable.
It's a wealth of info, but it can be an overwhelming wealth of info :smile:

You are quite right, Swanky. Sometimes it can be difficult to know how much information to offer. On PS, there is a group doing some very high level work on the optical properties of diamonds. It's interesting, but far more information than the average customer needs to make an informed purchase.

I will certainly try to be of assistance in this subforum:smile:

I found this on BlueNile.com, Hearts & Arrows F, VS2, EX, EX, EX, .60 for $2000.

I originally found this for my cousin, but he chose to delay his purchase. The purchase details are at the bottom of the GIA cert attached!

Attachments

• HA.jpg
    HA.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 113
Ame and I are good friends:hugs: She prefers the Star 129 and I prefer the Hearts and Arrows. Guess which one of us owns each:biggrin: Whichever you choose, you will be getting a great diamond. Let Jon at GOG guide you through the process. You will be in good hands

:tup: Yep. I didn't love the Hearts and Arrows round. I like the "busyness" of the modified stones. Since the OP wanted something similar to a LEO stone, which I believe is a modified stone with more facets, he might like this cut also.

Thanks for the suggestions Contessa!

I forgot to mention that I have been sifting through BlueNile.com. It's a good website and certainly cheaper than a branded ring. I will check out White Flash too.

The Leo diamond is (I believe) a modified RB cut:

http://www.gemologyonline.com/Forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=692&sid=e6e4620d9448c872a0ff5df150443f17

I've really noticed the difference between carat and cut importance! I viewed a 1 carat diamond (ungraded mind you) against a 1/2 Leo diamond. The Leo was far far nicer!

P.s. Leon's site is amazing. Wish I could afford: http://www.artofplatinum.com/portfolio/details.php?image_id=50 :biggrin:
My 4.97 TCW studs are Leo diamonds. The way they are cut really makes the difference. Unbelievable fire/sparkle! Plus, having the laser inscription makes insurance easy.

I just wanted to say thanks to all so far! I am going to call GoodOldGold this evening and have a talk about options.

Diamonds are a veritable minefield!

Damn, they are closed. Tomorrow then!

In the mean time, what are your thoughts in the EGL certification, as opposed to GIA, ICL or AGS?

If it's an EGL-USA cert, it should be pretty safe, the color might be overrated by a grade and the clarity might be UNDERrated by a grade. But they're trying to compete with the GIA and AGS and they are getting MUCH stricter.

The two big ones you want to look for are GIA and AGS(L) because they are industry-standard.