engagement at Christmas?

well I posted earlier I didn't think it would happen until next year but....I GOT ENGAGED YESTERDAY!!!!
He tricked me by saying we were going to yet another holiday party. So we were all dressed up (I had on my erin fetherston for juicy dress with glitter CL altadamas +chanel bag) and on the way to the restaurant he stopped the cab on the opposite side of the park where we met. We walked through the park to get to the restaurant...he was being very sweet telling me how pretty I looked and how excited he is to go to the party...Then we passed this statue area on a platform in the park and I knew something was up when he started leading me up the stairs! He led me up there and got on one knee. He said how he knew from the moment he met me I was the one and then pulled out the ring! I obviously said yes and then I hear cheering coming from the park...He arranged for all our family and friends to be there!!! Afterward he surprised me with a nice dinner with everyone. It was so perfect!!! And he is so perfect!!!

wow, what an amazing story. you are so lucky to have had your family there as well to enjoy it with you. that's wonderful. congratulations!!!

Aww, I love all of the engagement stories! One of my friends just got engaged on the weekend, I'm so happy for him!

My grandma had a Christmas proposal, many years ago and it's a funny story. My grandpa was in the military and was home on leave for Christmas. Christmas Day, they were sitting on the couch together and he pulled out the ring and proposed. Before she could say anything, she got up and ran away, leaving him sitting there with the ring. He had no idea that she was prone to nose bleeds, and that she got one at that exact moment and had to run to the washroom! Of course, she came back later and said yes, and from that point on the ring became known as the "bloody diamond".

Here it is w/ my plain 1mm spacer that keeps the 2 perfectly together w/o damaging the e-ring

:love: Looks exactly like the Tiffany Novo.....workmanship is exquisite.....I'm very happy & so is DH!

IMG_6114.jpg

my dad told me not to have an anniversary or engagement near my birthday or xmas bc then they'll only get me one gift :PP coincidentally my parent's anniversary is 2 days before xmas hahah

Contessa - Your ring & band are stunning. Please remind me one last time - what size and shape is your e-ring? I'm guessing 1.5 round!

Hello H! Merry Christmas to you!

My e-ring is an RB approx 1.25 cts but yes.....it does look larger! I wasn't going to post this here, but I feel w/ the new diamond band, my e-ring has gained at least 1/2 carat in weight......at least optically....must call my jeweller to make sure he didn't make an error ;)