engagement at Christmas?

My camera is dead, so I'll try and upload photos later. I know it wasn't very expensive, and I don't even know if the stones (they look like red rubies perhaps?) are real, but I wasn't expecting it, so I love it anyways. :love:

Ok, my good camera is lost somewhere amongst my luggage from coming home from college, so the pic isn't great, but you can at least see what it looks like :smile: I wear it on my middle finger because it's way too big for me, and I've never gotten it resized, which is why I think he's getting me a new one, since it'll fit lol.

100_2669.jpg

Ok, I tried to resize, but it won't work through photobucket. Sorry for the huge pic! (And the crappy nails, it's been cold and gross here, haven't done them yet lol).

even though we have been married for 16 years now, we got engaged 2 days after thanksgiving in vail. every year (until my daughter was about 2), we would go up to breckenridge during thanksgiving and ski, and then our tradition was to go to vail on the saturday after thanksgiving (about an hour from breck) and buy an ornament with vail and the year written on it. this year (1993) we went out to a lovely restaurant, took a horse and carriage ride through vail and my husband popped the question as we were in the snowfilled mountains of vail with holiday lights everywhere while we were on the horse & carriage ride. it was a perfect proposal. he hid the ring in the hood of his ski jacket the entire time.

i cannot believe he pulled it off. it was perfect! :love:

I just read this and love the story! How romantic!!!

Vail is a great place......

My DBF and I have been looking at rings together for the past few months but I know it won't be happening anytime soon. . .He just remodeled his condo and I know he has nothing extra to spend on a ring!

Maybe next xmas *wishful thanking* =) And the ring I want is a round brilliant in a cushion shaped halo - like the ring in my signature. If I don't get that, I would want it vintage style with scroll work and millgrain on the edge of the halo! Haha

Thirty-three years ago on 30 December I drove from NJ to RI to spend the New Year with my then boyfriend. When I arrived at his apartment and gave him his Christmas gift (something he had really wanted) he tossed it on the bed and said "your present is still in the store as usual". I was pretty disappointed. Then he asked me to get something out of this dresser drawer and when I opened it, there was a 1/2 ct oval diamond ring! I was so shocked that I asked "is this for me?" We still laugh about that. We had a wonderful New Year's Eve and have been happily married for over 32 years.

That's such a cute story! Congrats on your 32+ years of marriage!

well I posted earlier I didn't think it would happen until next year but....I GOT ENGAGED YESTERDAY!!!!
He tricked me by saying we were going to yet another holiday party. So we were all dressed up (I had on my erin fetherston for juicy dress with glitter CL altadamas +chanel bag) and on the way to the restaurant he stopped the cab on the opposite side of the park where we met. We walked through the park to get to the restaurant...he was being very sweet telling me how pretty I looked and how excited he is to go to the party...Then we passed this statue area on a platform in the park and I knew something was up when he started leading me up the stairs! He led me up there and got on one knee. He said how he knew from the moment he met me I was the one and then pulled out the ring! I obviously said yes and then I hear cheering coming from the park...He arranged for all our family and friends to be there!!! Afterward he surprised me with a nice dinner with everyone. It was so perfect!!! And he is so perfect!!!

well I posted earlier I didn't think it would happen until next year but....I GOT ENGAGED YESTERDAY!!!!
He tricked me by saying we were going to yet another holiday party. So we were all dressed up (I had on my erin fetherston for juicy dress with glitter CL altadamas +chanel bag) and on the way to the restaurant he stopped the cab on the opposite side of the park where we met. We walked through the park to get to the restaurant...he was being very sweet telling me how pretty I looked and how excited he is to go to the party...Then we passed this statue area on a platform in the park and I knew something was up when he started leading me up the stairs! He led me up there and got on one knee. He said how he knew from the moment he met me I was the one and then pulled out the ring! I obviously said yes and then I hear cheering coming from the park...He arranged for all our family and friends to be there!!! Afterward he surprised me with a nice dinner with everyone. It was so perfect!!! And he is so perfect!!!

omg that's soooo sweet, congratulations on your engagement!!!