End of the year reflections: Best and Worst movie you saw at the theatre in 2018

I liked Ladybird.

I was disappointed by Crazy Rich Asians, as I'd heard so many good things about it. I think the problem was that the main characters were rather dull, there was nothing intriguing about them that could move the storyline beyond the predictable.

I was hoping to see the acclaimed documentary Maria Callas, but then discovered that there's a wonderful, award-winning documentary from the 1980s about her life and which can be viewed for free on YouTube. Watched that instead and I highly recommend it if opera's your thing.

Reactions: jules 8
I love Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody. The movie was light and fun. It did not dig into Freddy Mercury's life the way other star biography movies do. Mama Mia was in the theatres for about 5 minutes. Seriously just disappeared before I could see it. Was it really bad, anyone?

Reactions: arnott
I love Rami Malek in Bohemian Rhapsody. The movie was light and fun. It did not dig into Freddy Mercury's life the way other star biography movies do. Mama Mia was in the theatres for about 5 minutes. Seriously just disappeared before I could see it. Was it really bad, anyone?

It wasn't bad but it wasn't as good as the first. The first was all fun and celebration and the 2nd one was kind of depressing with Donna being dead and Sophie having a turbulent marriage. My Dad enjoyed it though! :lol: The best thing I got out of seeing that movie was seeing the trailer for Bohemian Rhapsody for the first time which intrigued me and made me a die hard Queen fan! :lol:

Reactions: Allisonfaye
Yay, 5 nominations!

50499678_2279742925372292_6347303962261061632_n.jpg

Reactions: Allisonfaye
I enjoyed LadyBird, Three Billboards, Three Identical Strangers, Love Simon, and Eigth Grade. I was very disappointed in Black Panther: despite a strong cast, the movie turned out to be some Hollywood GrandGarbage™️.

Reactions: chicinthecity777