Empriente Speedy - Is It Worth Adding To My Small Collection? Please Help!

autumn2187

Jan 14, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am thinking about adding the Empriente speedy to my small collection of LV's in the next few months. I am just wondering what people think of it and if you all think it is worth all that money? Any ideas or insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much!:smile:

I don't have the speedy, but I have the artsy empriente... and the leather is wonderful.
Wears really well. Definitely worth the money IMO

The only thing with the emp leather is that you have to be careful about not rubbing the corners of the
bag against a wall. My SA told me that will cause scratches in the leather.

I think the speedy emp is really a stunning bag and people have posted pics of how much it can hold (a lot!) I'm actually thinking that should be my next bag as well.

Hope this helps. Happy Shopping!

I don't have the speedy, but I have the artsy empriente... and the leather is wonderful.
Wears really well. Definitely worth the money IMO

The only thing with the emp leather is that you have to be careful about not rubbing the corners of the
bag against a wall. My SA told me that will cause scratches in the leather.

I think the speedy emp is really a stunning bag and people have posted pics of how much it can hold (a lot!) I'm actually thinking that should be my next bag as well.

Hope this helps. Happy Shopping!

Thanks for the insight!

I don't have the speedy, but I do have the lumi in empriente. I agree with the other poster that quality is wonderful. My opinion on the speedy is that it is overpriced given the size. I love it though! If you are in the position to get it now, I would do so before the price increase. I can't imagine paying around 3K for a speedy (assuming it goes to 2800+ tax). Good luck. I have my eye out for a pre-loved speedy in orient. I dont typically buy pre-loved, but I want that bag for less. HTH!

I don't have the speedy, but I do have the lumi in empriente. I agree with the other poster that quality is wonderful. My opinion on the speedy is that it is overpriced given the size. I love it though! If you are in the position to get it now, I would do so before the price increase. I can't imagine paying around 3K for a speedy (assuming it goes to 2800+ tax). Good luck. I have my eye out for a pre-loved speedy in orient. I dont typically buy pre-loved, but I want that bag for less. HTH!

Thanks for your insight as well. I can't really imagine paying 2K plus for such a small bag and that's why I poised the question. This is also the first LV bag I am paying for myself. All the ones in my collection were gifts. I also have my sights on the new Neverfull so I may just have to get that first since it's a limited edition.

Thanks for your insight as well. I can't really imagine paying 2K plus for such a small bag and that's why I poised the question. This is also the first LV bag I am paying for myself. All the ones in my collection were gifts. I also have my sights on the new Neverfull so I may just have to get that first since it's a limited edition.

I have the empreinte speedy and love it. I bought it new from Yoogis, it was only a month old, never used and came with the receipt! It can fit quite a bit and the leather is beautiful. I also love the hardware detail and the 25 is a great size for cross body......I also just got the Lumi and now addicted to the empreinte line!

If the speedy emp 25 goes to 2800+ tax, then I would find it hard to pay that for the small size .
I think I was more focused on the leather quality, durability and just plain eye catching look of the bag.

The new limited edition neverfull does look nice as well from the picture I saw in-store.

I have the Speedy 25 in Empreinte and love it. I was surprised how much fits into it. Part of that is the wide zipper opening. I travel with it and can even carry iPad mini in it along with large wallet, Glasses, keys, miscellaneous items, and hairbrush. It is my new favorite bag. Is pricey, but I think it's
worth price and it is gorgeous

I think I now have a solution to this issue/problem. Since I really want this bag (I have been wanting a small leather LV cross body bag ever since falling in love with LV back in 2010) I will wait until I make another trip to Paris which should be in a year or two then the Empriente speedy b will be cheaper than the US and it will be MIF which I really want especially if I am going to pay so much for it.

So I feel the same thing about the price of that bag!! I am picking mine up tomorrow. They have it on reserve for me. So excited. I love my Speedy B 25 and that is why I am choosing this bag. It is such a great bag. Cannot wait to pick her up!!!

I felt the leather on one the last time I was in the store and it was so awesome!!!

good luck deciding

Lets put it this way...

I had no intention of buying another purse... but checked an LV store while on business trip... after 3 days... my new speedy empriente came in the mail. Its very nice and luxurious! go get it before the price increases. I got mine with saks 12 month no interest and shipped tax free.

I have the Emp. Speedy in Infini and I absolutely love it. It's my favorite bag. The leather is so soft and beautiful. I had to swallow down the price too, but I didn't once have buyers remorse. Sounds like a good solution. I was so anxious when I first heard it was being released, I just couldn't wait. Waiting is hard when it comes to LV. :biggrin:

I absolutely recommend it! It's great to carry, especially with the crossbody option. It is expensive for its size but when I feel the quality of the leather and craftsmanship, I remember why I bought it. I have the Lumi in Infini as well, the leather on both bags is amazing and the colors are so rich against the lovely gold hardware. It's quite subtle too, not super-flashy, so you can take it anywhere. Can't go wrong with this one!

So I feel the same thing about the price of that bag!! I am picking mine up tomorrow. They have it on reserve for me. So excited. I love my Speedy B 25 and that is why I am choosing this bag. It is such a great bag. Cannot wait to pick her up!!!

I felt the leather on one the last time I was in the store and it was so awesome!!!

good luck deciding

Whaat color did you decide on? :smile:

Hi Guys,

I am thinking about adding the Empriente speedy to my small collection of LV's in the next few months. I am just wondering what people think of it and if you all think it is worth all that money? Any ideas or insight would be very much appreciated. Thanks so much!:smile:

I really love mine, but there was no way I was going to spend that on any bag. My limit is 2k. So, I ended up with a preloved one. Which was the only way I would get it. Looking back on it now, I love it so much that if I did pay retail I'd still be happy with it. It's really gorgeous and I get so many compliments on it. :smile: